CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

UNIDENTIFIED CRIME JAZZ

CALLING ALL LIBRARY FANS, VINYL JUNKIES AND GENERAL CRIME JAZZ OBSSESIVES!
A FELLOW AGENT IN THE FIELD NEEDS HELP DECODING SOME OBSCURE TRACKS FROM YESTERYEAR. I'LL LET HIM EXPLAIN.....

I was wondering if you could help me identify the source of a couple of themes.
Let me give you the background first.
I was born in Israel, and in the early 70's there were a lot of shows in the then new Instructional Television Center that featured beautiful and exciting themes. I, and countless other people have been influenced forever by these musical pieces, without ever knowing their true source. In later years I have found out who was the musical consulant that used all these pieces of music. Alas, Mr. Yohanan Kaldi was old by then, and could not remember anything specific. He just said most of them were from dead stock that record distributors gave him to use.
I and other fans have tracked down some pieces and they range from Lalo Schifrin, to Al Caiola, Frank Zappa, and Syd Dale.
Here are 2 crime themes that I can not identify, and would really appreciate it if you could possibly try:

First, from a show called Crime & the Law:
Second, from a show called Police File (main Character Inspector Neer):
Lastly, a "bonus" question. Not crime jazz at all, maybe a fuzz instrumental, but this is the one most fans want to identify:

The poor quality is becasue I recorded these from VHS which was recorded at the archive of the Instructional Television Center from beta format, which was converted from 2" video reels.

Thanks you so much,
Ran Mosessco
San Diego

I've uploaded these to zshare so you can listen without having to download them. As you will hear from the examples there is some great music contained in the soundtracks to these shows and hopefully someone out there will recognise one or two tracks.
If anyone does then please leave a comment below telling Ran (and the rest of us) where this music originates from. Thanks for your help.

6 comments:

THXjay said...

I've had a listen to these myself but don't recognise them. If anyone does happen to know where any of them originates then please leave a comment and let us know.

Also if anyone has anything they need identifying please feel free to leave a link here for everyone else to listen to, maybe someone can help out.

If this happens to become a popular thing we could put a regular section up on the main page.

Thanks

LoungeTracks said...

They're pretty cool but I haven't a clue. Isn't there some database with these TV shows listed giving cast & crew info?

Anonymous said...

Example six can be heard in one of the episodes of the 1960's Spider-man cartoons.

kick_the_reverb said...

loungetracks: Unfortunately no - these are shows from the realy 1970's from Israel, I hav talked with the actual person who used the tunes and he doesn't remember and there is no documentation of what the tunes were.

Anonymous - example 6? did you mean example 5? If you could tell me the name of the Spiderman episode that would be great!

Thanks,
Ran Mosessco

Anonymous said...

Hey Ran, track 5 is a song that was used in the 2nd and 3rd season of Spiderman....it's called "Mods and
Rockers" by Bill Martin & Phil Coulter.

Best, Sean (I posted this message for you also on the Spidey Jazz group).

kick_the_reverb said...

Thank you so much Sean!
I saw your answer at Spidey Jazz - I really appreciate it.
I updated the folks over at televizia.net forums (the Israeli TV nostalgia forums), we'll see how many will freak out...now if we could find the other two tunes that will be great, I guess KPM's vast library was probably the source for those two.
Ran

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop