CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

THE SPY FORUM

479 comments:

THXjay said...

Hi everyone,
Please feel free to post links to any album that is Spy related.
Hopefully some of my blog friends will visit here and add to what I hope will become THE place for classic Spy albums.

All the best and please say if the link is not your own.

Jason

Wildside Cinema said...

Well done man! Awesome layout and funky fresh tunes! How can fans NOT love Spy & Crime music?!!

Anonymous said...

I've added your blog to my favorite bookmarks, on my first visit linked over from Rich's site. How could I not when your most recent posts are, IMHO, two of the best lounge albums of all time. Wishing you years of successful posting. Cheers!
By the way, if you don't have it already, go about two-thirds of the way down Xtabay's request page and get Warren Barker's "A Musical Touch of Faraway Places". Also Superb.
Gracias for all your hard work.
R.M.

THXjay said...

OK to kick-start the posts in here I have a couple of albums I'm only going to put here (not on the main site), so anyone that took the time to look will hopefully be grateful.

As far as Film Crime Music goes, I don't think that you can get much better than my fellow countryman Roy Budd :

Two funky 70's scores

FEAR IS THE KEY

http://rapidshare.com/files/10516541/Fear_Is_the_Key_OST_-_Roy_Budd.zip

THE STONE KILLER

http://rapidshare.com/files/10522821/The_Stone_Killer.zip

Enjoy :)

LoungeTracks said...

Good luck on the new digs Jason, here's a little house warming gift:

Piero Piccioni - Agente 077 & MMM 83 part 1

Piero Piccioni - Agente 077 & MMM 83 part 2
Lounge On,
LT

THXjay said...

Thanks LT,

hope you will be a regular visitor :) maybe I could persuade you to share some of the spy albums that you would have put up on your blog if you were still going.
Or better still, why not revive the the original "lounge" :)

Traitor Vic said...

Great Job, Jason!

The 'Net has needed a place like this for quite some time.

I'll be back!

-Traitor Vic

LoungeTracks said...

@ THX
Thanks Jason, yep I'll be back that's for sure - might throw in a record or 2 as time warrants !-)
Bon chance mon amie,
LT

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from Peter Wyngarde again. That is a long time ago.
thanks Jason, thanks department S, thanks Loungetracks.

all the best from onzichtbaredj

Clint's archive said...

Nice one jay, the blog is looking sweet, long may it continue.

Ennioman

Holland Oats said...

i'm lovin' that masthead!

http://djpancake.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Jason:
Fantastic blog!! Discovered you thru "franklynot". I think you and all you contributors are amazing and I am very glad you are doing this cool music blog.

Thanks again.

-Greg

Anonymous said...

Italian Crime Jazz!

Piero Umiliani - La Legge Dei Gangsters

Rocket From Mars said...

Hi Jason---

Well done! You've started a very groovy site here.It does my heart good to see this stuff getting shared. Now that I know you're puting it out there in such a big way I've gotta start looking for more spy stuff to send your way (along with scans)!

Keep up the good work!

All The Best!

Rocket From Mars

THXjay said...

great to have you onboard rocket, I think quite a few of the albums here came from you over at isbum's.

Look forward to see what you can dig up :)

Anonymous said...

Don't know if someones interested, but here you can find the soundtracks to all James Bond movies:

http://smforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=8577&p=10929

Anonymous said...

And another contribution to this wonderful blog:

"Swing For A Crime"
http://rapidshare.com/files/58034563/SFAC.rar.html

Thanks to the original uploader.

Anonymous said...

You are brilliant to create this site, my favorite genre. And please keep this Crime Lounge distinct as it's own. I'll let you know if I can contribute anything.

Rich

THXjay said...

Here's a rare single I picked up on a file sharing site.

Cyril Stapleton's original PYE 7" of his themes for Department S & Somerset Maughan.

PYE single

Jason

1Surfrider said...

Awesome blog, well done mate!

THXjay said...

Here is the score to the 1969 thriller "Stiletto", music composed by Sid Ramin.

Stiletto : Sid Ramin

Enjoy

THXjay said...

I'm not gonna put this on the main site because I don't have any artwork and it's not complete.
It's the Ventures Play Bond, it's only 8 tracks, it's missing the "non-Bond" tracks from the album.
This is how I found it,if anyone wants to post the full album, feel free.

The Ventures Play Bond

Rocket From Mars said...

Hi Jason---
I just checked out the Sci-Fi Blog you mentioned at franklynot. Thanks for the heads up.
Rocket
ps---you mentioned you discovered it thru nomwl1's blog? are you talking agbout YDHTVTB or new one?

THXjay said...

rocket,

No its the old one I just dropped by to ask if he minded if I re-posted one of his comps. Is he still around?

It's a damn shame, its because of him that we all know each other.

Jason

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful looking site! I have a rare UK library LP request that would fit in perfectly here:

Big City Story-Peter Reno, Reg Tilsley (1968-DeWolfe library)

Does anyone have it? Been looking for it for ages after just hearing clips...Thanks,

-Jon

Anonymous said...

someone have this one :

Skip Martin & His Prohibitionists - Songs and Sounds from The Era of the Untouchables

you can look at this here:
http://musicyouwont.blogspot.com/2006/06/skip-martin-and-his-prohibitionists.html

filmpac said...

@ thxjay - Thanks for the great posts mate! Here's the Ventures album complete, comes with a small thumbnail pic, all I could find...

Ventures "Play James Bond Music" (1975), LP @160:
http://rapidshare.com/files/58722459/Ventures-PlayBond.zip

THXjay said...

Thanks filmpac,
didn't think I could post anything that you didn't have already, you seem to have everything :)

Thanks for helping out

filmpac said...

@ thxjay - You'd be amazed at what I DON'T have matey, I am continually amazed at what gets posted!

Feel free to post Ventures on your main page. Also the Edwin Astley "Danger Man" I posted at Franklynot. Also the "Dimension Noir" album I posted a while back, if you grabbed it. That link is now dead, so will need to re-up if you didn't, just let me know.

Cheers!

THXjay said...

filmpac,

Thanks, I've just this second whipped together a very basic cover to post it with.
If the Danger Man is the razor & tie cd, then I have it (along with The Saint, grabbed that Dimension Noir a while back as well.

Thanks mate, keep 'em comin

Traitor Vic said...

I think it's really cool that you give credit to the Original Posters! Well... Some of the Original Posters, anyway.

THXjay said...

As far as I'm aware, I've not posted anything without giving credit, if anyone know otherwise let me know.

THXjay said...

Here's the soundtrack to Hammerhead by David Whitaker, just to keep things moving :)
Hammerhead

Loungelegend said...

Here's a link to one of my favourite spy albums : Bond and Beyond by (mr. Bombastic)Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra.
Kunzel and the Pops will have you on the edge of your seat listening to the all-instrumental themes for such popular champions as James Bond, Rambo,the Man from U.N.C.L.E., Dick Tracy, Shaft, The Untouchables, Al Capone, Axel-F, Peter Gunn and Perry Mason.

Feel free to post this one on the main page.

http://rapidshare.com/files/59118218/Bond_and_Beyond_part_1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/59120508/Bond_and_Beyond_part_2.rar


PS: Your Crime Jazz series is outstanding !! Also like the artwork very much. A big thanx for all the time and effort you put in.

THXjay said...

Thanks loungeland,
I have this on cd, along with Erich Kunzel's other fantastic movie collections,they are amazing quality, very dynamic.

Glad you like the Crime Jazz series, and for anyone else I've just added a "new room" to house all my cover art, nothing special but I'm sure some of you will find them useful, especially if you like to burn this stuff to disc (link on sidebar of main site)

Enjoy

filmpac said...

@ thxjay - A couple more for your collection, a Crime Lounge exclusive...

Dan & Dale "Batman And Robin" (1966), @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59158223/DD-BatmanAndRobin.zip

Secret Agents "Mission Impossible And Other Action Themes" (1968), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/59169162/SA-MissionImpossible.zip

I'm not too sure if that Secret Agents album is complete or not, only 8 tracks totalling some 20-odd minutes. But it's so damn rare and so damn cool, I just had to share it with you.
Thanks for all the cover art restoration too, outstanding work!

Enjoy!

Luis said...

For James Bond fans this is a sad notice:

NYTimes: September 30, 2007
Bond's Definitive Miss Moneypenny Dies: BBC
By REUTERS
Filed at 7:16 a.m. ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Lois Maxwell, the Canadian-born actress who was to many fans the definitive Miss Moneypenny in James Bond films, has died in Western Australia aged 80, the BBC reported on Sunday.

It said Maxwell, the demur foil to Bond's suave rake in 14 films from 1962's "Dr. No" to 1985's "A View to a Kill," had died in Fremantle Hospital. She had been suffering from cancer.

In the Bond films Moneypenny as secretary to Bond's chief M has a flirtatious relationship with the spy, evidently attracted to him but never succumbing to his advances.

It was a role to which Maxwell gave a sexual edge that is missing in Ian Fleming's novels.

While officially her character's first name is Jane, Moneypenny is only ever referred to by her last name or a diminutive of it -- Penny.

Born in Kitchener, Ontario in February 1927, Maxwell won a Golden Globe award as Most Promising Female Newcomer in 1948 for her performance in the Shirley Temple comedy "That Hagen Girl."

Although she appeared in many other films and television series and wrote a popular newspaper column for years, Maxwell was best known for her Moneypenny role.

She became close friends with Roger Moore who succeeded Sean Connery as Bond in 1973 and played the character in seven films.

"She was a very fine actress and had a great sense of humor," Moore told BBC television. "It was a great disappointment to her that she had not been promoted to play M. She would have been a wonderful M."

~Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Kevin said...

Thanks very much for all your efforts... am especially excited about the Hawaii 5-0 soundtrack you've recently posted! One bite of that soundtrack was the audio on the CBS Specials promo you'd see before, say, a Peanuts special here in the US.

See here for more info:
http://blog.humuhumu.com/2007/01/07/jungle-drums-are-calling-you-to-watch-a-cbs-special-presentation

Thank you!
~Rupe

THXjay said...

Luis,

It's a damn shame about Lois Maxwell, she was one of the best loved characters from the "Golden Era" of Bond. But at least when an actor/actress passes away they leave a permanent record for people to enjoy for decades to come, which is more than you can say for the rest of us.

Thanks for being the bearer of bad news:)

Anonymous said...

This is a great site concept. I've only snagged one album yet as I don't do the premium account at Rapidshare, but I am looking forward to sampling the offerings. I don't have much in the way of Crime sounds to upload, but as time goes by, I will be happy to re-up things I have gotten here. Any possibility of posting some things on other file-sharers, such as Zshare, or Badongo? Keep on doing your thing.

AFrosty1 said...

Great site you have here Thxjay. I want to thank you for all the hard work you have put in so far, I've already grabbed a few album and I'm sure I'll grab more in the future, if I find anything that I think might be of interest I will surely upload it here. Thanks again and all the best Alex.

THXjay said...

LP, see my message from the lounge :)

alex,

Thanks for the encouragement, very grateful.

Jay

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,

I can't thank you enough for posting The Mort Stevens Hawaii Five-O LP. It's such a great recording and sooooo rare...Last time I saw one here in LA it was $60.00 YIKES!

Any chance of posting Touch of Evil Soundtrack by Henry Mancini or In Like Flint ??

Thanks Again for all of your hard Work and ...BTW...Your Original Artwork is FANTASTIC!

Curtis

THXjay said...

Curtis,

Hawaii Five-O,yep its a good one, although I'm always on the look out for a higher bitrate (this ones 128)or cleaner rip. maybe a quality rating would be useful?

As for Touch of Evil, well I'm sure there are many blogs sharing that one already, and the Flint....

I need to get the OK from filmpac on this one, I think it was him (may have been quinlan or rocket) but he did the two flint soundtracks as complete with all the various cues. If your there buddy, say the word :)

Thanks

THXjay said...

Thanks LP, I've e-mailed you

@traitor viv,
Show yourself, you dark lord of the sith you.....only kidding, are you a blogger that I don't recognise? I get the feeling I've posted something of yours without saying so?

THXjay said...

Sorry, Vic, damn keyboards:)

Ted Hobgood said...

I haven't even downloaded anything yet, but felt the urge to comment already, due to the fact that I already love this blog. You couldn't come up with a subject more tailor-made to my heart. One of my genres in iTunes is even "Bond. James Bond." (Anything spy-related goes in there.)

Kudos.

THXjay said...

Thanks so much Ted,
I'm beginning to feel a little guilty for saying I don't get much feedback, but everyone has been really kind and positive in response. So I promise to shut up and get on with finding treasures to share:)

Anonymous said...

Vic is a big fish that swims around somewhere where it melts.
Secret agent man has to dive deep to find some other fine dishes fishes delicious spy music files.
Oh ah watch out, was that a shark?
Bleep.
Is you a bird, xjay? Relative of xtabay?
Mr X?
Anyhow your blog is developing like hell. Absolute high moon!!
Many thanks.
The invisible dj

THXjay said...

I'll have what Vic's having and make mine a double :)

Anonymous said...

I would sggest five important crime jazz albums:
- I Want To Live
- Anathomy of a Crime (Ellington)
- The Man With the Golden Arm
- Seven Golden Men (or something like ..)
- Bulitt
Thanks in advance for your effort on this blog and its records.
It was a lack on the jazz web!

THXjay said...

cvllos,

Armando Trovajoli's "Seven Golden Men" is available at THIS IS LIBERTY HALL blog HERE

I'm probably gonna put up the Bullitt score soon, and if anyone can help with the others?

Enjoy, and don't forget to thank Liberty!

Anonymous said...

Well Jason I had not thought about that but now I see that is the best answer! Double-O, simply could not have done any better.
Cheers,

Invisible dj (onzichtbaredj)

Anonymous said...

This place is FANTASTIC. It would be SO, so sweet if you could find/upload the super-rare out-of-print original John Barry 'Body Heat' score. All I can find anyplace (except for top dollar on Ebay) is the woefully subpar Joel McNeely re-recording from the '90s.

Also, I know it's not hardly rare, but if you want I have Ellington's superb 'Anatomy of a Murder' extended score and can upload it.

THXjay said...

jazzfan, I don't have Body Heat but someone may be able to point you in the right direction.
Feel free to upload Anatomy of a Murder, we can never get enough proper Crime Jazz.

Thanks for contributing,
Jay

Anonymous said...

Just can't wait to see what's going on here...

Once again awesome uptdates! Thanks for that! :)

So here's another album I think poeple would like to hear:
Various Artists - Mambo Morphine Jazz Club
http://rapidshare.com/files/59828506/MMJC.rar.html

Enjoy! :)

More to come soon...

Regards,
Herr Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Sorry,
forgot to mention, that it was originally posted at the fantastic Endless Mike Blogspot (R.I.P.).

Herr Anonymous

filmpac said...

@ thxjay - Are we still looking for the Skip Martin Untouchables that someone requested?
If you don't have, I can post, just say the word.

THXjay said...

That would be great filmpac, if you know the source, give them a mention. I'm trying to be fair to everyone.

Tiki Tamba said...

Hey there!

It's me Herr Vorragend (formerly known as "Herr Anonymous"). It seems that I have less work to do than I expected, so here I am again. Finally with a blogger account. :)

I'm quite sure, that Jazzfan360 has requested the "Swinging Eye" album by Si Zentner, but I can't find the comment...

As it was said already, this isn't crime music/jazz but a very nice Lounge album. So here you can find it:
http://thirdisland.blogspot.com/2007/09/lounge-tracks-triple-whammy.html

Hope this was helpful.

THE SCORE said...

Hi.What a great site with plenty for the spy music and bond type fan.I will be uploading some soon if that is ok.Keep up the great work.

THXjay said...

thanks score, feel free to upload any links here in the forum, welcome aboard

filmpac said...

@ thxjay & anonymous - Please to enjoy the good*ness* of...

Skip Martin "Songs And Sounds Of The Untouchables" (circa 1960), LP @320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60091212/SM-Untouchables.zip

Jay, I got this off a p2p program, so the original source is unknown, all credit and thanks to the original ripper.
I've looked at that space under Music To Browse By more than once, and I'm tellin' ya it was blank baby blank. But not today, jolly jolly:)

THXjay said...

Thanks filmpac,

I'm not sure whether to put this on the main site, I would like to add it but I'm becoming more aware of "blog etiquete". Any views?

As for the jukebox, maybe you tried to access it while I was uploading a track? I think I can persuade Her Majesty to reinstate you "00" licence :)

filmpac said...

Jay, I say post it mate. It's all well and good to give credit to another blogger when we can identify them, but there is no guarantee that the Skip Martin I posted has EVER been on a blog before. Quite a few of my regular sources on p2p are rippers themselves. I would just go with a general "all credit and thanks to the original ripper", as I did.

Hope that helps, just my thoughts.

THXjay said...

Cheers mate, on your travels can you keep an eye out for an album from The John Gregory Orchestra (Chaguito) called "Spies And Dolls" 1970's.

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

Greetings, comrades!

Here's something I found recently on a blog that I stumbled into. They have some awesome stuff there, but you have to wade through a lot of crap. Bring your boots!

Anonymous said...

Hi thxjay,

isbum just started something nice. I cannot post there so leave my contribution here. Is from an Italian movie but synchronized in German. The voice is of Gianni Moretti, a very young one. I remember he has a relation with a prostitute. Taped it from the movie.
nr. 19 Sie nehmen die Machine nach...
I do have others, also from Bond movies. "Es ist hübsch hier in den Bergen" from Dr. No and that kind of stuff.
Could you post it please at isbum's?

All the best with your fantastic tasty blog.

Onzichtbaredj

Oh this is the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/60393246/19_Nummer_19.rar.html

THXjay said...

Onzichtbaredj,

I think you should register with blogger, it only takes a few seconds, you can post over at isbum's then. If you haven't seen it, quinlan needs some info from you.

Jason

Loungelegend said...

Here's a fantastic upload I found on the net, posted by Nada from Greece on his/her Blogspot "Music for Dummies" called - Private Investigator Galore ! - It's realy worth downloading !!!!!!


Tracklist;

1. Combustible Edison - A Shot In The Dark
2. David Shire - The Taking Of Pelham (main title)
3. Willie Bobo - Kojak
4. Wilton Felder - Bullit
5. Leroy Holmes - The James Bond Theme
6. Lalo Schiffrin - Dirty Harry
7. Stefano Torossi - Fearing Much
8. Jack Parnell & His Orchestra - Enter The Dragon
9. The 4 Sound Orchestra - Mission Impossible
10. Shawn Lee's Ping Pong Orchestra - Bollywood

http://rapidshare.com/files/60542519/Cinematic_Podcast_1_-_Private_Investigator_Galore.rar.html

THXjay said...

Loungelegend,

Yep, it a great collection, Short but straight to the point. I can never get enough of David Shire's AWESOME Pelham 123 score, incredible action scoring.

RangeRaver said...

hello matey,

i've got a goodie for you - give me a comment with a private e-mail address and i'll send you the link.

cheers, RR

Tiki Tamba said...

Hey there!

I'm back again with another contribution:
This is the first compilation of the the Betty Page series. And it's the only volume featuring Crime Jazz. Hope you like it.

Various Artists - Betty Page: Danger Girl
http://rapidshare.com/files/61107426/BP-DG.rar.html
Unfortunately I can't remember where I found it, so thanks to the (unknown) original uploader.

BTW Just started my own blog, focusing on Exotica / Tiki music, check it out:
http://loungetikithe.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Herr Vorragend

Anonymous said...

THXJAY:
Hey bro, just wanted to say I love your site. Very well designed, impressive to behold, and good golly the tunes! I've got a few things from you thus far and have been quite pleased.
I love crime jazz. I feel like I'm sneaking around my own home when I listen to it. It just adds a sorely missinfg sense of intrigue to my life. Thanks for that feeling!
Zilla

THXjay said...

Thanks Zilla, glad you like it, hey we could all do with a bit more intrigue & adventure in our lives (well I could anyway:)

Herr Vorragend, what happened with your blog (that was very short-lived)?

Loungelegend said...

Thxjay,
if you are intrested; I can provide you with clean cd-rips of the John Gregory recordings of the albums;
"The Detectives"& "TV Thrillers - Chaquito"
Just let me know and I will send you the links.

THXjay said...

Loungelegend,

Is it those albums on CD or a compilation disc containing those tracks? I have a compilation called "Mission Impossible & other themes" and the same album is known as "Six Million Dollar Themes".

Thanks

Loungelegend said...

They are indeed from the album "Six Million Dollar Themes"

Anonymous said...

Having MASSIVE computer troubles lately. Will upload 'Anatomy' when things return to normal. Sigh.

THE SCORE said...

Good evening all.

HAWAII FIVE-O

A while ago someone asked for a copy of the above 70's tv series by morton stevens.
Here it is enjoy.
http://rapidshare.com/files/62111829/Hawaii_Five-O.zip.html

Loungelegend said...

Swingin' Spies & Private Eyes

From whyfidelity.com comes a very nice spy-mix called "Swingin' Spies & Private Eyes"

tracklisting;
Caught At Midnight
Tre Gatti Gialli - Gino Marinuzzi
James Bond Theme - Dori Caymmi
Theme From Get Smart - Bob Crane
Private Life of a Private Eye - Enoch Light
Goldfinger - Pucho & the Latin Soul Brothers
Agente 077 Dall'oriente Con Furore - Lydia MacDonald
Black Jack - Luciano Michelini
OHMSS - Secret Service Orch
From Russia With Love - Al Caiola
Secret Code - Lalo Schifrin
Trenchcoat Swing - About Nine Times

http://rapidshare.com/files/62122018/Swinging_Spies_and_Private_Eyes.rar.html

Anonymous said...

How does one purchase the 'Harry in Your Pocket' cd?

THXjay said...

I have no idea, especially as it's never been released on cd. But you can download it by looking in "Your Pocket" :)

THE SCORE said...

youngblood by war.

a great 70's blaxploitation score often under rated.

enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/62248071/Youngblood.zip.html

the score.

THE SCORE said...

i have a copy of harry in your pocket if any one wants me to post it.let me know.
the score.

THE SCORE said...

HARRY IN YOUR POCKET

A great 70's score by the master
himself lalo schifrin.

Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/62269577/Harry_In_Your_Pocket.zip.html

THE SCORE said...

Hi ya'll
Does anyone know of any good blogs for libaray music like kpm,chappel,brunton,bosthworth etc.
Would be most greatful.
the score.

filmpac said...

Hi Jay, don't think this one has been posted before, didn't show up on a blog search.
Found on p2p, so all credit and thanks go the original ripper. Enjoy!

Zero Zero Seven "James Bond Thrillers" (1965), LP @192:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bgoxjebl93l

THXjay said...

Filmpac, This one is already posted here, but thanks for thinking of me :)
I'm glad you've sorted out your computer problems.

Loungelegend said...

For all you crime lovers, here's an outstanding tune from Chaquito (the John Gregory Orchestra) with "Theme from They Call Me Mr. Tibbs"

http://rapidshare.com/files/63052667/13_Chaquito_-_Theme_from_They_Call_Me_Mr_Tibbs.mp3.html

Tiki Tamba said...

Hey Jay!

I'm still alive. Unfortunately I had to put down my blog, because of the massive complaints I received of people who wanted to send me to jail or on an electric chair, stuff like this.

However, now it's up again, but I don't know if and how to continue blogging. Any suggestions?

However, you're still running an awesome blog, hope you'll never receive such complaints as I did.

All the best,
Herr Vorragend

THXjay said...

Herr Vorragend,

I don't know what to suggest, I'm new to blogging myself. I'm not sure if anyone doing this faces a jail sentence, there are a lot of people in blogland! Maybe some of the more experienced bloggers can offer some advice.
All I can say is that obviously someone had it in for you and tried to scare you, keep a low profile and see how it goes.

Regards

Jay

THXjay said...

Here are a couple of Library albums for those that like them. Two of many produced by Syd Dale's Amphonic Music Library, Enjoy!

Amphonic AMPS 112 : Special Assignment (1975)

Amphonic AMPS 1005 : Action! (1973)

If anyone else has ANY library albums feel free to share them here.

Jay

THXjay said...

Here is an album released back in the sixties during the height of get Smart mania, it's more of a story record than a soundtrack, but very enjoyable.

Get Smart : Don Adams

AFrosty1 said...

This site just gets better and better each time I visit.The Roy Budd compilation is amazing,probably my favorite of the Crime Jazz collection so far, I'm hoping there will be more.I really like the Game of Death album too,I remember seeing the film as a young teen,I hadn't realized the theme was by John Barry,great stuff. Thanks very much Jay, i'm looking forward to my next visit to find some more gems.

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have an LP rip of a late '60s DeWolfe library: The Big City Story? I've only heard clips, but like the Syd Dale stuff, it sounds incredible! Been looking for ages... Anyone?

-Jon

Progrocktv said...

Hey guys,
First off, WHAT A FANTASTIC SITE! Great stuff and thanks! Second, I'm looking for an download to the WAAAY out of print and hard to find album From Chris Joss "Man With A Suitcase" which is described as "the soundtrack to an imaginary 60's TV series, a tribute to Lalo Schifrin, John Barry, Quincy Jones, Laurie Johnson."

Need I say more;-)

Loungelegend said...

For the Lalo Schifrin fans; here's the link to the fantastic cd-album
"Bullitt" Music recreated and inspired by the motion picture Bullitt. Sure an album to put on your blog. Thanks to Viagemusical Blogspot !

http://rapidshare.com/files/53898646/BLT-1968-BLT-www.viagemusical.blogspot.com.rar

Anonymous said...

Great site, congra
MarioBeat

Anonymous said...

Was there ever a soundtrack to U.F.O - a little off topic but of the same time period? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

MANNIX from funkydisposition OST

OST Lalo Schifrin

http://www.mediafire.com/?eceymkzerg2


enjoy
crime lounge nice place!

THXjay said...

@MarioBeat, Thanks for those :)

@Pretoria, Thanks, Just checked out your site, you've got some really nice jazz albums on there.

@Anonymous, Yes there was a UFO soundtrack release, I'm sure it will turn up somewhere ;) and don't worry about being off topic, I'm a massive fan of Gerry Anderson and Barry Gray.

Thanks everyone

Jason

Anonymous said...

Would you consider a crime volume of Hugo Montenegro's music?

Dolores

THXjay said...

Dolores,

I think I've pretty much used up all of his "Crime" related tracks on various posts already, but maybe I could collect them all together for a volume? Anyone else fancy it?

Anonymous said...

U.F.O.

one of my all time favorites

see the intro in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8RfzkhqBLY

Anonymous said...

In fact....

The Persuaders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO_yyCPmTu0

The Man Fom UNCLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC88U1SyQQw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUwv-PC2GN0

Naked City - end title (12-19-62)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNRf7Dg0lMg


Hawaii Five-O Tv Show 1st Season Intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0-z5ZtsaI

The Wild Wild West Tv Show Intro 1st Season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKa6-C1kcqU

Police Woman - intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfQDrdNMTas


and many many others...

THXjay said...

Hey Mariobeat, I,ve always had a soft spot for the opening sequences from TV shows :)

Chelsea, Thanks for those and hopefully someone, somewhere has some more John Gregory/Chaquito stuff to share. I know there is an album called Spies & Dolls that I would love to hear :)

Anonymous said...

Henry Mancini - Discography

Hi gang, I found this one over the web. I don't know if the links are still working. You said

Pass: kebekmac

MP3 | 320 Kps | 43 albums | 3,5 GB


1959-1

1959 • Mr Lucky

•01. Mr. Lucky •02. My Friend Andamo •03. Softly •04. March of the Cue Balls •05. Lightly Latin •06. Tipsy •07. Floating Pad •08. One Eyed Cat •09. Night Flower •10. Chime Time •11. Blue Satin •12. That's It and That's All

1959-2

1959 • The Jazz Sound from Peter Gunn

•01. Peter Gunn •02. Blue Steel •03. The Brothers Go To Mother's •04. Session at Pete's Pad •05. Walkin' Bass •06. Dreamsville •07. The Little Man Theme •08. Sorta blue •09. Goofin' at the Coffee House •10. A Quiet Gass •11. A Profound Gass •12. Fallout! •13. Lightly •14. Soft Sounds •15. Odd Ball •16. The Floater •17. Blues for Mother's •18. Brief and Breezy •19. Joanna •20. My Manne Shelly •21. Spook! •22. A Ball for John •23. Goofin' at the Coffee House (2nd) •24. Not From Dixie

1960-1

1960 • The Blues and The Beat

•01. The Blues •02. Smoke Rings •03. Misty •04. Blue Flame •05. After Hours •06. Mood Indigo •07. The Beat •08. Big Noise From Winnetka •09. Alright, Okay, You Win •10. Tippin' In •11. How Could You Do A Thing Like That To Me •12. Sing. Sing. Sing

1960-2

1960 • Combo

•07. Playboy's Theme •01. Moanin' •03. Dream of You •10. Charleston Alley •09. Far East Blues •12. Everybody Blow! •04. Swing Lightly •06. A Powdered Wig •11. Scandinavian Shuffle •02. Sidewalks of Cuba •08. Tequila •05. Castle Rock

1960-3

1960 • High Time

•01 . High Time •02 . Moon Talk •03 . So Neat •04 . The Old College Try Cha-Cha •05 . The Nuty Professor •06 . Frish Frosh •07 . The Second Time Around •08 . A Mild Blast •09 . Harv's Blues •10 . New Blood •11 . The Dean Speaks •12 . Tiger !

1961-1

1961 • Breakfast at Tiffany's

•01. Moon River •02. Something for Cat •03. Sally's Tomato •04. Mr. Yunioshi •05. The Big Blow Out •06. Hub Caps and Tail Lights •07. Breakfast at Tiffany's •08. Latin Golightly •09. Holly •10. Loose Caboose •11. The Big Heist •12. Moon River Cha Cha

1961-2

1961 • Mr Lucky goes Latin

•01. Mr Lucky (Goes Latin) •02. Lujon •03. Timpanola •04. Rain Drops in Rio •05. Siesta •06. The Dancing Cat •07. Cow Bells and Coffee Beans •08. The Sound of Silver •09. Tango Americano •10. No-Cal Sugar Loaf •11. Blue Mantilla •12. Speedy Gonzales

1962-1

1962 • Experiment in Terror

•01. Flutter's Ball •02. Tooty Twist •03. Kelly's Tune •04. Golden Gate Twist •05. The Good Old Days •06. Experiment In Terror (Twist) •07. Experiment In Terror •08. Nancy •09. Down By The Wharf •10. Teen-Age Hostage •11. White On White •12. Final Out At Candlestick Park

1962-2

1962 • Hatari

•01. Theme From Hatari! •02. Baby Elephant Walk •03. Just For Tonight •04. Your Father's Feathers •05. Night Side •06. Big Band Bwana •07. The Sounds Of Hatari •08. The Soft Touch •09. Crocodile, Go home

1963-1

1963 • Charade

•01 . Cahade Main Title •02 . Bistro •03 . Bateau Mouche •04 . Megeve •05 . Bye Bye Charlie •06 . The happy Carousel •07 . Charade vocal •08 . Orange Tamoure •09 . Latin Snowfall •10 . The Drip-dry Waltz •11 . Mambo Parisienne •12 . Punch and Judy •13 . Charade carousel

1963-2

1963 • Our Man in Hollywood

•01. Days of Wine and Roses •02. Walk on the Wild Side •03. Theme from the Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm •04. Mutiny on the Bounty (Love Theme) •05. Mr. Hobbs Theme •06. Seventy-Six Trombones •07. Phaedra (Love Theme) •08. Bachelor in Paradise •09. Too Little Time •10. Drink More Milk •11. The Wishing Star •12. Dreamsville

1963-3

1963 • The Pink Panther

•01. The Pink Panther Theme •02. It Had Better Be Tonight (Instrumental) •03. Royal Blue •04. Champagne And Quail •05. The Village Inn •06. The Tiber Twist •07. It Had Better Be Tonight (Vocal) •08. Cortina •09. The Lonely Princess •10. Something For Sellers •11. Piano And Strings •12. Shades of Sennet

1963-4

1963 • Uniquely Mancini

•01. Green Onions •02. Stairway to the Stars •03. Night Train •04. Lullaby of Birdland •05. Chelsea Bridge •06. Duke's Place (C Jam Blues) •07. Banzai Pipeline •08. Rhapsody in Blue •09. Cheers! •10. Lonesome •11. The Hot Canary •12. Moonlight Serenade

1964-1

1964 • Dear Heart and Other Songs about Love

•01. Dear Heart •02. The Girl from Ipanema •03. Mr. Lucky (Vocal) •04. Soldier in the Rain •05. (I Love You and) Don't You Forget It •06. Song About Love •07. How Soon •08. The New Frankie and Johnnie Song •09. Mostly for Lovers •10. Man's Favorite Sport •11. Can't Buy Me Love •12. Dream

1964-2

1964 • The Concert Sound

•01. Academy Award Selections •02. A Tribute To Victor Young •03. The Music of David Rose •04. Peter Gunn Meets Mr Lucky

1965-1

1965 • The Academy Award Songs

•01. Moon River •02. Secret Love •03. On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe •04. You'll Never Know •05. Gigi •06. What Will Be, Will Be •07. White Christmas •08. Baby, It's Cold Outside •09. Days of Wine and Roses •10. All the Way •11. The Continental •12. Mona Lisa •13. When You Wish Upon a Star •14. Zip- A-Dee-Doo-Dah •15. High Noon •16. Button and Bows •17. Three Coins in the Fountain •18. Call Me Irresponsible •19. High Hopes •20. It Might as Well Be Spring •21. Over the Rainbow •22. Swinging on a Star •23. Sweet Laihani •24. Chim Chim Cheree •25. Never on Sunday •26. Love Is a Many Splendored Thing •27. In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening •28. The Last Time I Saw Paris •29. The Way You Look Tonight •30. Thanks for the Memory •31. Lullaby of Broadway

1965-2

1965 • The Great Race

•01. Overture •02. Push The Button, Max! •03. The Royal Waltz •04. Night, Night Sweet Prince •05. They're Off! •06. The Sweetheart Tree •07. The Great Race March •08. He Shouldn't-a, Oughtn't-a Swang On Me! •09. Music to Become King By •10. Cold Finger •11. Pie-In-The-Face Polka

1965-3

1965 • The Latin Sound Of....

•01. Senor Peter Gunn •02. Baia •03. Carnavalito •04. Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars (Corcovado) •05. Vereda Tropical •06. Guarare (Cumbieras) •07. La Raspa •08. The Breeze and I (Andalucia) •09. Preciosa •10. Come To The Mardi Gras (Nao Tenho Lagrimas) •11. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Quizas, Quizas, Quizas) •12. Tico-Tico

1966-1

1966 • A Merry Mancini Christmas

•01. The Little Drummer Boy •02. Medley a.Jingle Bells b.Sleigh Ride •03. The Christmas Song •04. Medley a.Winter Wonderland b.Silver Bells •05. Medley a.Frosty The Snow Man b. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer •06. White Christmas •07. Carol for Another Christmas •08. Medley a.Silent Night b.O Holey Night c.O Little Town Of Bethlehem •09. Medley a.God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen b.Deck The Halls c.Hark! The Herald Angels Sing •10. Medley a.We Three Kings Of Orient Are b.O COme All Ye Faithfull(Adeste Fideles) c.Joy To The World •11. Medley a.It Came Upon A Midnight Clear b.Away In A Manger c.The First Noel

1966-2

1966 • Arabesque

•01. Arabesque •02. We've loved before •03. Ascot •04. Dream street •05. Facade •06. Something for Sophia •07. We've loved before (vocal) Yasmin's theme •08. Shower of paradise •09. The zoo chase •10. Bagdad on Thames

1966-3

1966 • Mancini ' 67

•01. Stolen Sweets •02. The Cat •03. The Shadow Of Your Smile •04. Satin Doll •05. Cherokee •06. Stockholm Sweetnin' •07. Conquest •08. Tijuana Taxi •09. Autumn Nocturne •10. The House Of The Rising Sun •11. 'Round Midnight •12. Turtles

1966-4

1966 • Music of Hawaii

•01. Hawaii (Main Title) •02. Quiet Village •03. The Moon of Manakoora •04. Pearly Shells •05. Blue Hawaii •06. Driftwood and Dreams •07. Hawaiian War Chant •08. Adventures in Paradise •09. Beyond the Reef •10. Tiny Bubbles •11. The Hawaiian Wedding Song •12. Aloha Oe

1966-5

1966 • What Did You Do In The War Daddy

•01. Swing March •02. Tarantella Mozzarella •03. Gina •04. In the Arms of Love (Instrumental) •05. Girls Up-A-Stairs •06. Sicily Forever •07. In the Arms of Love (Vocal) •08. Echoes of Sicily •09. Buon Giorno •10. Wine and Women •11. Tavern in Valerno •12. Tender Thieves •13. Festa!

1967-1

1967 • Encore ! More of the Concert Sound

•01. Portrait of The Beatles •02. Foreign Film Festival •03. Music From Hollywood •04. Three By Mancini

1967-2

1967 • Gunn.....Number One

•01. Peter Gunn •02. A quiet happening •03. Dreamsville •04. Sky watch •05. A bluish bag •06. Theme for Sam •07. The monkey farm •08. A lovely sound •09. I like the look •10. Silver tears •11. Sweet •12. Night owl •13. Bye bye

1967-3

1967 • Two for the Road

•01 . Two For The Road ( choir version ) •02 . Something For Audrey •03 . The Lovely Life •04 . The Chaser •05 . Something Loose •06 . Happy Barefoot Boy •07 . Two For The Road ( main title ) •08 . Congarocka •09 . French Provincial •10 . The Donk •11 . Domain St. Juste •12 . Two For The Road ( instrumental )

1968-1

1968 • The Big Latin Band of...

•01. The Magnificent Seven •02. Springtime For Hitler •03. A Fistful Of Dollars •04. Touch Of Evil •05. Patricia •06. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly •07. Mission Impossible Theme •08. Norma De La Guadalajara •09. Zacatecas •10. Hang 'Em High •11. Las Cruces

1968-2

1968 • The Party

•01. The Party (vocal) •02. Brunette in Yello •03. Nothing to Lose (instrumental) •04. Chicken Little Was Right •05. Candlelight on Crystal •06. Birdie Num-num •07. Nothing to Lose (vocal) •08. The Happy Pipers •09. Party Poop •10. Elegant •11. Wiggy •12. The Party (instrumental)

1969-1

1969 • A Warm Shade of Ivory

•01. In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning •02. Cycles •03. Moment to Moment •04. A Day in the Life of a Fool •05. Watch What Happens •06. By the Time I Get to Phoenix •07. Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet •08. The Windmills of Your Mind •09. When I Look in Your Eyes •10. Meditation •11. Dream a Little Dream of Me

1969-2

1969 • Six Hours Past Sunset

•01. Softly, as I Leave You •02. Midnight Cowboy {From the Motion Picture Midnight Cowboy} •03. Traces •04. Natalie {From Cinema Center Films picture Me, Natalie} •05. Didn't We •06. Two for the Road •07. Six Hours Past Sunset •08. Theme from The Fox •09. Quentin's Theme {From ABC T.V. Series Dark Shadows} •10. Girl Talk •11. Moonlight Sonata

1970-1

1970 • Darling Lilli

•01. Overture •02. Whistling Away The Dark •03. The Little Birds •04. The Girl In No Man's Land •05. Gypsy Violin •06. I'll Give You Three Guesses (with chorus) •07. Darling Lili •08. Smile Away Each Rainy Day •09. The Can-Can Cafe •10. I'll Give You Three Guesses (2) •11. Skal (Let's Have Another on Me) •12. Your Good-Will Ambassador •13. Whistling Away The Dark (with chorus)

1970-2

1970 • Love Story

•01. Theme From Love Story •02. Song from MASH (Suicide Is Painless) •03. Theme from The Night Visitor •04. Theme from The Hawaiians •05. Tomorrow is My Friend (with chorus from A Capella) •06. The Harmonica Man •07. Whistling Away the Dark •08. Theme from Barsalino •09. Theme from Three •10. Loss of Love •11. Thank You Very Much

1970-3

1970 • Mancini Country

•01. Let it Be Me •02. Last Date •03. Almost Persuaded •04. Take Me To Your World •05. Release Me •06. You Don't Know Me •07. Phone Call To The Past •08. I Can't Stop Loving You •09. Make The World Go Away •10. Stand By Your Man •11. The end of the world

1970-4

1970 • Theme from Z

•01. Theme from Z (Life Goes on) •02. Theme from Z (Life Goes on) •03. Jean •04. Airport Love Theme •05. Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head •06. As Time Goes By •07. The Hills of Yesterday •08. A Man, A Horse, and A Gun •09. Love Theme from The Adventurers •10. Patton Theme

1971

1971 • Big Screen Little Screen

•01. Nicholas and Alexandra •02. All His Children •03. The Summer Knows •04. Life Is What You Make It •05. Theme From Shaft •06. Cade's County •07. Johnny's Theme •08. Those Where The Days •09. Mystery Movie Theme •10. Ironside Theme

1972

1972 • Mancini salutes Sousa

•01. Drum Corps Semper Fidelis •02. Washington Post •03. Drum Corps King Cotton •04. National Fencibles •05. The Thunderer •06. Drum Corps El Capitan •07. The U.S. Field Artillery March •08. The Gladiator •09. The Invincible Eagle •10. Drum Corps The Stars and Stripes Forever

1973-1

1973 • Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen

•01. Theme for Doc •02. Ben •03. Help Me Make It Through the Night •04. 'Round Midnight •05. Without You •06. Make It With You •07. Lover Man •08. Wave •09. Love Theme for Laura {From the Warner Bros. Motion Picture The Thief W •10. I Can't Get Started

1973-2

1973 • Vision of Eight

•01. Ludmilla's Theme •02. Pretty Girls •03. Spaced Out •04. Warm Up •05. Soft Flight •06. The Race •07. Salute To The Olympians •08. Olympic Village •09. Ludmilla's Theme (Reprise) •10. Hurdles And Girdles •11. Theme For The Losers •12. Salute To The Olympians (Finale)

1975-1

1975 • Symphonic Soul

•01. Symphonic soul •02. Butterfly •03. Satin soul •04. Peter Gunn (new version) •05. Slow hot wind (Lujon) •06. Pick up the pieces •07. Sun goddes •08. Soul saga (song of the buffalo soldier) •09. African symphony

1975-2

1975 • The Return of The Pink Panther

•01. The Pink panther theme •02. The greatest gift (instr) •03. Here's Looking at you, kid •04. Summer in Gstaad •05. So smooth •06. The return of the Pink panther (Part I and Part II, includes The Pink panther theme) •07. The greatest gift (voc) •08. The orange float •09. Dreamy •10. Disco •11. Navel maneuver •12. Belly belly bum bum •13. The wet look

1976

1976 • The Cop Show Themes

•01. Mystery movie theme (from the Universal TV Series) •02. The streets of San Francisco (from the Quinn Martin production) •03. Bumper's theme (from the Lorimar production The blue knight) •04. Medley (Kojak (from the Universal TV Series) S.W.A.T. (from the ABC TV Series)) •05. Baretta's theme (Keep your eye on the sparrow) •06. The Rockford files (from the Universal TV Series) •07. Hawaii five-0 (from the CBS TV Series) •08. Police woman (from the NBC TV Series)

ost

OST - Touch of Evil

•01. Main Title •02. Borderline Montuna •03. Strollin Blues •04. Orson Around •05. Reflection •06. Tanas Theme •07. Flashing Nuisance •08. Something for Susan •09. The Boss •10. Rock Me to Sleep •11. The Big Drag •12. Ku Ku •13. Son of Raunchy •14. Lease Breaker •15. Background for Murder •16. Barroom Rock •17. Pigeon Caged •18. Blue Pianola •19. The Chase

adventure

The Aventures of The Great Mouse Detective

•01. Main Title •02. Dawson Finds Olivia •03. Enter Basil •04. Enter Ratigan •05. Crushed Box •06. The World's Greatest Criminal Mind •07. Unusual Foot Prints •08. Here's Toby! •09. Check Mate •10. Reunion •11. Let Me Be Good To You •12. Ratigan's Plan •13. Goodbye So Soon •14. Cat Nip •15. Big Ben Chase •16. Wrap-Up •17. End TitleGoodbye So Soon

Format: Mp3
Bitrate: 320Kbs
Pass: kebekmac



You choose

http://rapidshare.com/files/53559612/cini-59-lucky.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/53715457/cini-59-peter_gun.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/53989242/cini-59-peter_gun.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/53992397/cini-60-blues_beat.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54000975/cini-60-combo.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54031488/cini-60-high.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54031662/cini-61-break_fast.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54038134/cini-61-lucky_latin.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54038233/cini-62-experiment.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54056311/cini-62-hatari.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54056310/cini-63-charade.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54125582/cini-63-man_holly.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54125432/cini-63-pink_pant.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54133007/cini-63-uniquely.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54206090/cini-64-con_cert_sound.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54132696/cini-64-dear_heart.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54348762/cini-65-academy.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54353821/cini-65-academy.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/54214818/cini-65-great_race.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54215244/cini-65-latin.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54361190/cini-66-arabesque.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54365311/cini-66-cini_67.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54361683/cini-66-merry_xmas.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54365157/cini-66-of_hawaii.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54353973/cini-66-what_did.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54466576/cini-67-2_for_road.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54440218/cini-67-encore.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54451278/cini-67-gunn_no_1.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54466099/cini-68-big_latin.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54587982/cini-68-party.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54655169/cini-69-6_hours.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54590195/cini-69-warm_shade.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54660069/cini-70-contry.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54657305/cini-70-lili.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54659811/cini-70-love_story.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54659822/cini-70-Z.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54720870/cini-71-big_screen.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54722708/cini-72-sousa.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54842027/cini-73-doc_severin.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54973108/cini-73-vision.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54989711/cini-75-return.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54973161/cini-75-symphonic.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54988669/cini-76-cop_theme.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/54998168/cini-ost.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55003873/cini-ost.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55047668/cini-the_aventure.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55107982/cini-the_aventure.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

THXjay...
[Hey Mariobeat, I,ve always had a soft spot for the opening sequences from TV shows :)]

Yep, me too. Thank you very much for this site

Mario

Anonymous said...

about Mancini, here's another discogr. source. I hope working


Henry Mancini Discography 43 Albums
mp3 320 Kbps
3.51 GB
Full covers included


List of Albums

1959 • Mr Lucky
1959 • The Jazz Sound from Peter Gunn
1960 • Combo
1960 • High Time
1960 • The Blues and The Beat
1961 • Breakfast at Tiffany's
1961 • Mr Lucky goes Latin
1962 • Experiment in Terror
1962 • Hatari
1963 • Charade
1963 • Our Man in Hollywood
1963 • The Pink Panther
1963 • Uniquely Mancini
1964 • Dear Heart and Other Songs about Love
1964 • The Concert Sound
1965 • The Academy Award Songs
1965 • The Great Race
1965 • The Latin Sound Of....
1966 • A Merry Mancini Christmas
1966 • Arabesque
1966 • Mancini ' 67
1966 • Music of Hawaii
1966 • What Did You Do In The War Daddy
1967 • Encore ! More of the Concert Sound
1967 • Gunn.....Number One
1967 • Two for the Road
1968 • The Big Latin Band of...
1968 • The Party
1969 • A Warm Shade of Ivory
1969 • Six Hours Past Sunset
1970 • Darling Lilli
1970 • Love Story
1970 • Mancini Country
1970 • Theme from Z
1971 • Big Screen Little Screen
1972 • Mancini salutes Sousa
1973 • Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen
1973 • Vision of Eight
1975 • Symphonic Soul
1975 • The Return of The Pink Panther
1976 • The Cop Show Themes
OST - Touch of Evil
The Aventures of The Great Mouse Detective

List of links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/55019642/henry01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55023757/henry02.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55026812/henry02.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55032758/henry03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55035271/henry04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55038304/henry05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55040869/henry06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55042926/henry07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55045010/henry08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55046831/henry09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55048571/henry10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55050558/henry11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55052729/henry12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55055413/henry13.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55057371/henry14.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55060797/henry15.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55063023/henry16.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55064761/henry16.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55066078/henry17.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55067821/henry18.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55069986/henry19.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55071538/henry20.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55073495/henry21.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55075191/henry22.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55076785/henry23.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55078976/henry24.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55081234/henry25.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55083145/henry26.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55084606/henry27.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55086646/henry28.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55088786/henry29.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55090628/henry30.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55093096/henry31.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55095126/henry32.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55097187/henry33.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55098981/henry34.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55100858/henry35.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55105301/henry36.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55107641/henry37.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55110205/henry38.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55112753/henry39.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55115499/henry40.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55117389/henry41.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55120747/henry42.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55121033/henry42.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55124689/henry43.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/55124758/henry43.part2.rar

THXjay said...

Thanks Mariobeat,

That should keep the folks here busy for a while :)

I grabbed all of these from the original poster myself a while back, I have forgotten where they came from but a big thanks to the original poster.

georges said...

A very interesting Blogg;may be somebody could upload the Nelson Riddle score for the TV UNTOUCHABLES
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I believe all the mancini came from a deceased blog called

Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Great site! Unfortunatly I do not find the link for "The persuaders" bootleg. I'm trying to find this for years! ( great memories from my childhood) does anyone have the link? Thank's a lot guys :)

THXjay said...

Mr Anonymous, Just click on The Persuaders in gray :)

Anonymous said...

YESSSSS!!!!!!

Pfff stupid I'm...

Many many thanks!!!

THXjay said...

Thanks Chelsea

filmpac said...

@ THXjay & anonymous - You mentioned Barry Gray & Gerry Anderson. How about a compilation? Bitrates vary, but sounds fine...

Barry Gray (mostly) "Fantasy Film Worlds Of Gerry Anderson":
http://rapidshare.com/files/23482508/VA-GerryAnderson_Disc1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/23508307/VA-GerryAnderson_Disc2.rar

Anonymous said...

[IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x294/vero38/TheJazzSoundfromPeterGunn1994.jpg[/IMG]

@ Licorice pizza: Dont. Mancini came from others sources

@ Chelsea: Thank you very much for all the Schifrin items

@ Filmpac: please, how do you make the direct links? (the html code) in order to make it equal. Thanks

@ thxjay:
1)I have "The Jazz Sound from Peter Gunn 1994" with Maxell Davies (superb). Can I share it here or already is in the list of the next items to be shared? (it happend to me with five cds recent that, after upload them to rapidshare, are shared in the forum or in the site):-D

2) Can I use another service that is not rapidshare not megaupload?

Thanks

Mario

filmpac said...

@ mariobeat - Ah, the old how do you create a hyperlink question. I love this one, and it's impossible to explain here, since any attempt to do so will in itself create a hyperlink. But help is at hand.

Right click on the Creating Hyperlinks link and open a new window.
Scroll down past the Google ads.
Note the example 1A.
I replaced the "valid web address" (in red) with http://www.ironspider.ca/format_text/hyperlinks.htm
I replaced the "The text or image..." with the words I want to appear, in this case "Creating Hyperlinks".

For ease I have the entire "a" tag saved to a notepad text file, and just replace the URL, and the text part of the tag.

Hope that helps!

THXjay said...

@filmpac, Many thanks once again :)

@mariobeat, I do have that Peter Gunn album, but haven't posted it yet. If you want to post it please feel free.
As for the file host, if you yourself want to use another host, then use whatever you like, I only go with Rapidshare because I have a paid premium account with them.

Hope you understand the hyperlink "how-to", thanks to filmpac for the quick reply (beat me to it)

THXjay said...

Someone requested THE UNTOUCHABLES television soundtrack, well my good friend Licorice Pizza has posted his copy over at his site, check it out (don't forget to thank him)

The Untouchables : Television Soundtrack

LoungeTracks said...

Hi again Jason!

Cheltenham Orchestra & Chorus - Songs From Goldfinger - 1965

Here's one you're sure to despise.
Shoddy, bottom of the barrel label Wyncote, shines like sandpaper with this poorly executed Bondsploitation offering!

Consisting of a mere 4 songs, 3 from Bondsville and one from who-knows-where, it manages to both swindle and insult most listeners - avoid like a stubbed toe. That said, I do like their formula of one part spy jazz to two parts "Swingle Singers" style renditions - if only they developed this idea better.

Side One
101 Goldfinger
102 The James Bond Theme

Side Two
201 From Russia With Love
202 Theme For Guitar - Fran - Chucks Monster - Riff - Funky

Lounge On!
-LT

THXjay said...

Thanks, LT, always a pleasure to see you drop by :)

Did you happen to see this in my "wanted albums" slideshow on the bottom of the page or was it just chance?

Lounging On! (as requested :)

Jason

LoungeTracks said...

Nope, it was just by chance. As I look at it now, I see one that I passed on this weekend but will try and grab before it's sold.

Also picked up a couple you've already posted but I may still rip 'em at a higher rate for your dining and dancing pleasure.

Your Opposite Number,
LT

THXjay said...

Hey LT,

I'm always up for a higher bitrate copy, especially if it comes with your fantastic scans :)

Just wondered, is that you in your avatar? you old smoothie, you :)

LoungeTracks said...

Cool Jason - I'll letcha know as they become available!

And yep, that's me in my avatar - taken by me looking into a mirror with the camera in my left hand and the faux martini in my right - a lil' photo trickery to remove the wallpaper from my bedroom, and viola!

-LT

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog, can't believe it took me this long to stumble across it. I don't know if I'll ever have anything good to share, since my collection is sadly very pedestrian, but I'll certainly keep my eyes peeled and hopefully chime in when I can and share a gem or two! In the meantime- thanks for all the awesome music!

DSP said...

Great blog. I don't have a lot of my music with me (away from home currently), however I did find Stan Purdy's take on Mike Hammer. I didn't see it on your site. I don't know where I got it from but thanks to the original uploader. I have re-upped it to this here - http://rapidshare.com/files/69586132/Stan_Purdy_-_Mike_Hammer__Mickey_Spillane__LP.rar

Hope you can use it.

THXjay said...

@Robot Gunfighter,

I've said this elsewhere but, what a cool name and avatar :)

@dsp,

I actually have that somewhere on my external HDD, but many thanks for sharing it with others :)

LoungeTracks said...

Here's a couple for the weekend:

I posted this awhile back at Mr. Snookles and the link is still active:
Si Zentner - The Swinging Eye - 1960

And a new one, freshly ripped today,
The Challengers - The Man From U.N.C.L.E. - 1965 Not entirely spy jazz as these California surfer boys also do some pop covers (Sloopy & Tammy to name two)but not-bad versions of UNCLE, Secret Agent Man and their weird original, The Streets of London.

And of course, cool covers on both.

-Lounge On, it's Friday!

Anonymous said...

I consider this website a lucky find as its filled to the brim with great music...
Does anybody have a copy of the single release of
Paramor, Norrie Orchestra Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) Polydor 56375 1970.
Its as near to the tv score as you can get but seems impossibly rare to find these days.It would be lovely to hear it again.
Can anyone post this??

THXjay said...

Ell,

I sure would like to get my hands on that too, it's one of my favourite 60's TV themes.

The only versions I have are Edwin Astley's which sounds as if it was taken from the actual broadcast tapes (even though it's an official recording) and the very very close recreation which appeared on the Cult Files album, I have it on my Crime Jazz 7
HERE
If you ever do find it, please let me know and I'll do likewise.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

winrar / @320 bps / covers

John Barry - The Film Music Of John Barry

Part 1/2


Part 2/2




Various - Themes From James Bond Movies

Part 1/2


Part 2/2


about this one.....some titles are not the originals, for example "Live And Let Die" is not the Paul McCartney version song


Mario

THXjay said...

Thanks for your contributions Mario :) You are always welcome.
If you make a mistake you can delete your own comment by clicking the trash can icon.

Anonymous said...

Your welcome thxjay

The trash can icon it's something that I don't have. (Firefox 2.0.0.9 with Windows XP)

Mario

THXjay said...

Strange, i hope you're not missing anything else from the site :)

Anonymous said...

thanks thxjay

is a problem, how to know what I get lost, if I do not see it?. (with Internet Explorer 6.209 happens the same)

maybe it's only to my pc

Mario

LoungeTracks said...

Jason, here's a rare find - I think. Baile Con Orquesta de Gran Ritmo - Theme From Goldfinger And Others

Found nothing on the Internets or Wide World of Webs re. this but since I don't speak Spanish, I might not be looking in the right place.

Seems to be a Mexican dance band covering Goldfinger and then doing their own Goldfinger-inspired tracks. The music is better than expected but it's in a more Rhumba style than straight ahead spy jazz. A bit like crossing the Count Basie Orchestra with Esquivel - lots of percussion, some nice flute work, and of course, a cool front cover!

Tracklist:
Lado A
101 Goldfinger Theme
102 Music Galore
103 Fort Knox Swings
104 Golden Glow
105 Flying Around

Lado B
201 Time Bomb
202 The Chase
203 Gassed
204 The Getaway
205 Trapped

Spy On,
LT

MarioBeat said...

Hi

Here's a double cd that I found in other site years ago.

Cinematica - Italian Thriller and Drama Soundtracks from the 60's and 70's

The info said:
"Contains 50 superb original tracks from Italian 60's and 70's spy movies. It's a cool compilation featuring all the usual suspects; Piero Umiliani, Piero Piccioni, Augusto Martelli, Mario Migliardi, Carlo Savina, Luis E. Bacalov and more. One track of note include 'Due Mafiosi Contro Goldginger' which features the wonderful wordless vocals of the great Edda Dell'Orso."

http://rapidshare.com/files/73686661/Italian_Thriller.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/73749228/Italian_Thriller.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/73779824/Italian_Thriller.part3.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/73791037/Italian_Thriller.part4.rar


track list
1-01 A Gentar Si Muore Facile
1-02 Blazing Magnum
1-03 Tre Gatti Gialli
1-04 Crystal
1-05 Aspetto Ancora Un Giorno
1-06 Running Fast
1-07 Missione Morte Molo 83 (alternate version)
1-08 Fearing Much
1-09 Casa Di Moda
1-10 Lopagan Island
1-11 Blues For Alexandra
1-12 Kill! (Instrumental)
1-13 Trops
1-14 Nothing To Fear
1-15 Que Mafioso Contro Goldginger
1-16 Elena-Elena
1-17 A Qualsiasi Prezzo
1-18 Lady Magnolia
1-19 Tema B
1-20 no name
1-21 Good Morning Sun
1-22 Esquetandos Os Tambourinas E Cuica
1-23 Upa Neguino
1-24 Honey, Rhythm And Butter
1-25 To Jean


2-01 Beryl's Tune
2-02 Apollo Beat
2-03 La Seduzione
2-04 Frenesia
2-05 A Ciascuno Il Suo
2-06 Hard Times
2-07 Realta N.5
2-08 La Notte E'Fatta Per Rubare
2-09 Step By Step
2-10 Adonai
2-11 Israelites
2-12 Sally's Surf
2-13 Fuga Dall' Isola
2-14 Love Symbol
2-15 Side Sleep
2-16 La Rai Si Presenta
2-17 If You Want To Go Away
2-18 Baie Des Anges
2-19 Dancing For You
2-20 Play Car
2-21 Danza Citar Free
(22 it was spoken and noise)
2-23 Nago
2-24 Beryl's Tune No 2
2-24 Surprise Pastorale
2-25 Death Dies


Mario

PS. my nexts posts

John Barry - BSO. On Her Majesty Secret Service (remastered w bonus)

-Lalo Schifrin - Bullitt

-Lalo Schifrin - Dirty Harry

-Lalo Schifrin - Dirty Harry Anthology

-Lalo Schifrin - Enter The Dragon - 1973

-Lalo Schifrin - Music from Mission Impossible -1967

-Lalo Schifrin - More Mission Impossible

-Lalo Schifrin - Murderers Row

-Roy Budd - The Stone Killer - 1973

Various -Ultra Lounge 13 - TV Town

Various -Ultra Lounge 07 - Crime Scene


thxjay, feel free to add it to the "Crime Lounge" blog, if you want it.

Anonymous said...

Hi


John Barry - On Her Majesty's Secret Service

tracks
01. We Have All The Time In The World (3:16)
02. This Never Happened To The Other Feller (5:06)
03. Try (3:27)
04. Ski Chase (3:39)
05. Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown? (3:22)
06. Main Theme - On Her Majesty's Secret Service (2:36)
07. Journey To Blofeld's Hideaway (4:53)
08. We Have All The Time In The World (3:00)
09. Over And Out (3:12)
10. Battle At Piz Gloria (4:03)
11. We Have All The Time In The World - James Bond Theme (4:39)
12. Journey To Draco's Hideaway (3:41) (bonus)
13. Bond And Draco (4:34) (bonus)
14. Gumbold's Safe (4:59) (bonus)
15. Bond Settles In (2:17) (bonus)
16. Bond Meets The Girls (3:27) (bonus)
17. Dusk At Piz Gloria (2:33) (bonus)
18. Sir Hillary's Night Out (Who Will Buy My Yesterdays?) (4:47) (bonus)
19. Blofeld's Plot (5:19) (bonus)
20. Escape From Piz Gloria (4:53) (bonus)
21. Bobsled Chase (2:02) (bonus)


http://rapidshare.com/files/73703517/007-OHMSecret_Service.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/73818975/007-OHMSecret_Service.part2.rar

Anonymous said...

Hi

Lalo Schifrin
Enter The Dragon - 1973
Original Soundtrack

From Moviegrooves:

The killer soundtrack from Lalo Schifrin to the classic Bruce Lee vehicle, Enter The Dragon.

Enter The Dragon was the first American produced martial arts movie. For the soundtrack, Schifrin exploited the full use of brass instruments whilst also adding Chinese instruments and themes to give the music a 'local' colour.

It could also be said that he was the first musician to use sampling when he integrated Bruce Lee's fighting screams into the main theme.

Schifrin's involvement with the score started when he begrudgingly took his older son to see a martial arts movie and heard his theme to Mission Impossible being used (unauthorised) for the soundtrack.

He wasn't impressed and said to himself that he wished he could score the music to a martial arts movie as he knew he could do a better job.

The same day his agent rang and said that Warner Brothers (the producers of Enter The Dragon) wanted him to do the music to Bruce Lee's first American movie!

The main theme to Enter The Dragon was released as a single in Asia and Japan, for which Schifrin received a gold record.

Enter The Dragon is a fantastic soundtrack - and the main theme is just too good to be true!


Track Listing
1. Theme from Enter The Dragon
2. Sampans
3. The Monk
4. The Gentle Softness
5. The Big Battle
6. Han's Island
7. The Human Fly
8. Bamboo Bird Cage
9. Broken Mirrors
10.Theme from Enter The Dragon (reprise)


link

http://rapidshare.com/files/73937204/Dragon.rar

Mario



thxjay, feel free to add it to the blog, if you want it.

MOZONE & Glambot said...

I've instantly fallen in love with your site! Thank you so much! Before you blog, I've only recently discovered the amazing Syd Dale. I'm looking for a song of his called "Heavy Gang". Is this available on any of the compilations and albums found here? Thanks.

LoungeTracks said...

VA - The Incredible World Of James Bond - 1965

Side One
101 Leroy Holmes - James Bond Theme
102 John Barry - Leila Dances
103 Leroy Holmes - From Russia With Love
104 Monty Norman - Under the Mango Tree
105 John Barry - Bond Back in Action Again
106 Monty Norman - Jump Up

Side Two
201 Leroy Holmes - Goldfinger
202 John Barry - Gypsy Camp
203 Leroy Holmes - 007
204 Monty Norman - Twisting With James
205 John Barry - James Bond With Bongos
206 Monty Norman - Jamaica Jazz

Companion LP to the promotional TV special that aired on NBC Nov. 26, 1965 one month before release of THUNDERBALL.
The special pre-empted "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.," which normally aired in that time slot (10 p.m. ET Fridays) during the 1965-66 television season.
Not a great copy, but after removing the pops it sounds ok to me. The scan isn't much better as I learned from our Host THX-J that this is the bland cover for the mono release.

My advice: get Jason's stereo cover with the groovy Bond girls instead!
Ahhh, time for a Vesper!
Lounge..er, Spy On,
LT

Anonymous said...

well...

Roy Budd - The Stone Killer (1973)

Top detective Lou Torrey (Charles Bronson) is transferred to Los Angeles and uncovers a plot by a Sicilian mafioso to use Vietnam veterans to murder all his enemies in a rerun of the "Sicilian Vespers" when the previous generation of Sicilian mafiosi were all killed on a single day. Torrey gets various clues that something big is about to happen but will he discover what is planned before the big day ?

FROM AMAZON:
For those of you who know the wonderful jazzy movie works of the great, late Roy Budd, that's saying quite a lot, but his soundtrack for the Charles Bronson crime-thriller "The Stone Killer" *IS* that good.

It has EVERYTHING you could hope to find in a 1970's action soundtrack, a no-holds-barred pulsating and riveting score that fills your head with images of European car chases, Peugeot's and Renault's battling it out on some narrow alpine road, men in trenchcoats firing revolvers on the streets of Palermo, blood feuds, assassinations, heroes, villains...

This brilliant score evokes all those feelings and then some!

I would be highly surprised if *any* fan of 1970's gritty action-movies could give this score anything but five stars. After several years as an Amazon customer, this album is so great I just couldn't sit idle by and watch anymore, I had to write my first ever review on Amazon to help people realize what masterpiece this soundtrack truly is!

1. MAIN TITLE SEQUENCE
2. M3 (SK 1)
3. M5 (SK 7)
4. M5 (SK 2)
5. TOO LATE
6. IN THE SHADOWS
7. THE GRAVEYARD
8. M5 (SK 6)
9. BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL
10. M7 (SK 10)
11. JAZZ SOURCE
12. COOL BOSSA SOURCE
13. M4 (SK10)
14. M1 (SK 10)
15. M5 (SK 10)

http://rapidshare.com/files/74012685/Stone.rar

Mario

Anonymous said...

All of the UltraLounge series is taken from the back catalogs of Capital or its subsidiary labels so if it wasn't recorded by one of them, it had no chance of making into the series. Pink Panther, for example, was recorded by RCA, Capital's arch competitor, so it definately wouldn't have been included. RCA's own Lounge series, "The History of Space-Age Pop", is well worth owning, so far as it went, but they stopped after three volumns, which is a shame since they could have done so much more with it: for example, working off the excellent tracks suggested by the writers above. Flawed through it may be, I still consider the UltraLounge series to be the foundation of any Lounge collection. It's certainly what got me started on this whole thing.

Anonymous said...

Johnny Pate - Shaft In Africa (1973)

One of the undisputed classics of the blaxploitation soundtrack.

The weak tracks, of which there are few, are massively outweighed by the sheer exuberance of the great funk material on the album.

A guaranteed dancefloor monster, featuring a superb vocal number by The Four Tops at their peak, and simply magnificent keyboard-driven big band funk from Johnny Pate.

An essential album.



1. YOU CAN'T EVEN WALK
2. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH feat. FOUR TOPS
3. ALEME FINDS SHAFT
4. SHAFT IN AFRICA
5. HEADMAN
6. EL JARDIA
7. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH
8. JAZAR'S THEME
9. TRUCK STOP
10. ALEME'S THEME
11. EL JARDIA (REPRISE)
12. ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH (END CREDITS)

http://rapidshare.com/files/75234219/Pate.rar

Anonymous said...

These 3 are found in http://rangeraver-lounge.blogspot.com/, where there's a lot of fun, good to see it. I only up the rip to 192 bps.

And I say goodbye, for now. Thank you very much to everybody.

Mario



Ingfried Hoffmann plays Jazz for Secret Agents (1966)
http://rapidshare.com/files/75260186/INGFRIED.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/75271692/INGFRIED.part2.rar


Pete Fountain & Al Hirt - Bourbon Street
http://rapidshare.com/files/75289440/FOUNTAIN.rar

VA - Pulp ''Friction''
http://rapidshare.com/files/75302930/FRICTION.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/75332284/FRICTION.part2.rar


************************************************

Ingfried Hoffmann plays Jazz for Secret Agents (1966)
VERVE RECORDS GERMANY 1966


01. THUNDERBALL
02. YEAH, DR. NO
03. GOLDFINGER
04. 007 BOND STREET
05. JAMES ONLY LIVES TWICE
06. MIDNIGHT BOSSA NOVA
07. FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
08. SHARP SHARKS
09. TV SWING
10. PLAYGIRL
11. PHANTOM'S WALK
12. VABANQUE
13. SOUL TWIST
14. LET LIVE & DIE


--------------------------------

Pete Fountain & Al Hirt - Bourbon Street
01. farewell blues
02. st. james infirmary
03. march of the bob cats0
04. march thru the streets of their city
05. at the jazz band ball
06. blues on bourbon street
07. jazz me blues
08. lazy rider
---------------------------------

VA - Pulp ''Friction''
NICK NANTOS & THE FIREBALLERS - ST. LOUIS BLUES
JOHN BARRY SELECTION - KINKY
JACK COSTANZO ORCHESTRA - AFRICAN WALTZ
LEONARD COHEN - WAITING FOR THE MIRACLE
ELMER BERNSTEIN - JAZZ @ WALDOS
PIERO PICCONI - BLACK FLOWER
McGUIRE SISTERS - DELILAH
JACK FACINATO - SPRING, SPRANG, SPRUNG
MEMPHIS BLACK - WHY DON'T YOU PLAY, MAN
JOHN BUZON TRIO - CHA CHA ON THE ROCKS
JOE HARNELL ORCHESTRA - IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS
ESQUIVEL - BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS
JOHN HAWKESWORTH ORCH. - EVIL EYE
JEAN YANNE - SYMPHONIE POUR ODOUR DE LUMIERE
CAROL C - CLEOPATRA IN NEW YORK
JOHN BARRY SELECTION - IMMEDIATE PLEASURE
SAM "THE MAN" TAYLOR - HARLEM NOCTURNE
HUGO MONTENEGRO - THE SHARK
GIL FULLER's MONTEREY JAZZ ORCHESTRA - 17 MILE DRIVE
DICK HYMAN - THE LIQUIDATOR
THE MODERN JAZZ QUARTET - RALPH'S NEW BLUES

THXjay said...

I've been busy the last few days but I see our fellow agent Mario has been busy contributing to the forum:)

Thanks Mario, I have all the Ultra-Lounge and The RCA Space-Age CD's. Fantastic collections.

LoungeTracks said...

Roland Shaw - More Themes From The James Bond Thrillers - 1966

Fresh, G+ - VG vinyl rip @ 320 w/ way cool cover scans.

Side One
101 Thunderball
102 Pussy Galore's Flying Circus
103 Kingston Calypso
104 Gypsy Camp
105 Arrival Of The Bomb And Countdown

Side Two
201 Tania Meets Klebb
202 Miami
203 SPECTRE Island
204 Underneath The Mango Tree
205 Guitar Lament
206 Death Of Goldfinger

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Mario, you're the greatest

Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

A truly excellent web page, brilliant design, thank you for the effort

THXjay said...

Ken Shinn writes:

Spy Game was a marvellous late-90s American espionage series overseen by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, shortly before they hit TV paydirt with Hercules and Xena. Much as I like those, I wish that Spy Game had lasted longer - it only ran to ten or so episodes. A marvellous, loving mix of UNCLE and The Avengers, added to by having Peter Lupus and Patrick Macnee respectfully included - the latter becoming a semi-regular on the show!

Grab the short but sweet Theme Tune The Spy Game

Thanks Ken

Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous, but dont. I'm not
Mario

Paul Bishop said...

Hey!

Thanks for the great site! Whole bunches of things to enjoy. Will have to take some time to peruse in depth.

If you're interested you can check out my loungecentic site at bishsbeat.blogspot.com

Bish

Progrocktv said...

Hey guys,
Looking for an actual studio recorded version of Lalo Schifrin's theme from the NBC TV series T.H.E. Cat in MP3, FLAC, etc? I do have the episodes on VHS and could rip the theme from there but quality would just be be horrible. Just wondering if it was ever released on LP or 45. (also not tho be confused with Lalo's song "The Cat" which was written a few years earlier). I'm actually working on a project (which the first part of will be in my next post)

Cheers!
PRTV

Progrocktv said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Progrocktv said...

Hello all,
TV theme songs are always a strong part of pop culture, and who doesn’t enjoy a good spy theme song (especially those on this board). So I’ve decided to find a few links so some of the more kick-ass (in my opinion) 60’s and 70’s Spy TV theme songs. As things progress with my VHS to DVD collection conversion, I’ll also be adding a couple of my own that I couldn’t find elsewhere.

Let’s start off with one of the best in my opinion.

I SPY
The theme was composed by Earle Hagen and to me is one of the coolest title sequences in Spy TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnHC44ARF0s

(thank you aa2507 for upping this video)

Just as a side note, I had the honor of BRIEFLY meeting Bill Cosby backstage at a corporate event. Knowing I had about 3 seconds to say anything I asked him how was the experience working on I Spy. He said “it was one of the best jobs I’ve ever worked on”. I then asked if he keeps in touch with Robert Culp and he responded “Bob Culp is one of my best friends and we Golf together every couple of weeks” Man, what I would give to be a Caddy on one of those Golf games!

Next up, It Takes A Thief

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Would love to hear those soundtracks:

1-Dave Grusin, Murder by death
2- Michael Small, Marathon Man and Parallax View
3-David Shire, All the President's Men

By the way, you can find the very rare incidental music (only available on a DVD) of the sixties show The Champions here:

http://thechampionsfanclub.homestead.com/Video/VariantTitleMusic.html


Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. Your artwork is superb also.

Progrocktv said...

Alright, here we go taking a look at the three variations for the opening title sequence for It Takes A Thief.

First off we have first season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtTC_7w3Jw

Second season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osKE2kuRDzs

The third season brought some changes to the show. Gone was Malachi Throne, and bring in Fred Astaire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X01stSQcTcQ

THXjay said...

Malachi Throne.....that takes me back :)

I have the Empire Strikes Back story LP which has him doing the narration....awesome

Paul Bishop said...

I just posted a download to Henri Mancini's Gunn #1 soundtrack (the Peter Gunn movie 1967) on my blog at:

bishsbeat.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Bish

Paul Bishop said...

I just posted a download to Henri Mancini's Gunn #1 soundtrack (the Peter Gunn movie 1967) on my blog at:

bishsbeat.blogspot.com

Enjoy!

Bish

Anonymous said...

Hi bish8

I've posted here on nov. 8 (with the Mancini collection)



1967 • Gunn.....Number One

•01. Peter Gunn •02. A quiet happening •03. Dreamsville •04. Sky watch •05. A bluish bag •06. Theme for Sam •07. The monkey farm •08. A lovely sound •09. I like the look •10. Silver tears •11. Sweet •12. Night owl •13. Bye bye

Mario

Paul Bishop said...

Thx, Mario --

I'm fairly new to this site and have only just started making my way through all the comments. There's just so much good stuff here!

For those of us who grew up cutting our teeth on '60s spies shows, this is the soundtrack of our lives.

PabloSZ said...

Hi Friends !!

I am looking for this disc:
TV Lounge - Super Acción Superstereo
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tv_lounge/super_accion_superstereo/

TV Loung is an argentinean band which plays TV series themes.

The disc is really hard to find. Is out of catalog since many years ago...

I found a 192kbps copy in a blog but... I want the original audio quality (FLAC or APE)...

If somebody have it pleaaaase, share.. :O)

Anonymous said...

This is easily one of the best album blogs I've ever seen! Thank you all so much!

Puts mine to shame!

Raph's Rare Releases
http://raphsrnr.blogspot.com/

THXjay said...

@Pablosz,

That looks like a cool album there, hopefully someone can help you out with a better rip.
How about sharing the one you have with us :)

Many Thanks

Anonymous said...

Just thank you all for this great music and for the knowledge shared!

THXjay said...

@Scoretooth,

Nope, never heard of that show, hopefully someone can help out.

@Ralph's Rare Releases,

Welcome aboard, always good to see fellow bloggers stopping by.

@TimBurton,

You are welcome, keep comin' back

THE SCORE said...

BLUE MOVIES.
scoring for the movies.
A great blue note album with a jazz take on film themes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/82932772/Blue_Movies__Scoring_For_The_Studios.rar.html

Enjoy.

THE SCORE.

THE SCORE said...

roland shaw phase 4 themes for secret agents.

http://rapidshare.com/files/82970136/Roland_Shaw___His_Orchestra_-_Phase_4_-_Themes_For_Secret_Agents.rar.html

Enjoy.

The score.

THE SCORE said...

THE INCREDIBLE WORLD OF JAMES BOND.

http://rapidshare.com/files/82984354/The_Incredible_World_of_James_Bond_-_Various__1964_.rar.html

Enjoy.

The score.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find this: Bond Beat & Bass: The Elektronica James Bond Themes from 1998. Any thoughts? Thanks. (I apologize if it's mentioned elsewhere on this comments page. I just got here).

P.S. Love this site.

Jim

THXjay said...

This one is probably stretching the "Crime" link too far but never mind.

This is the 1970's LP of music from the cult British sci-fi series Space 1999. It's a hard to find album in its original vinyl form, so here's a digital one :)

Space 1999 : Television Soundtrack

Progrocktv said...

This one is probably stretching the "Crime" link too far but never mind.

This is the 1970's LP of music from the cult British sci-fi series Space 1999. It's a hard to find album in its original vinyl form, so here's a digital one :)


Well Martin Landau and Barbara Bain DID star in Mission: Impossible and Catherine Schell who played Maya was in Return of the Pink Panther so there IS a spy connection;-)

THE SCORE said...

@THXJAY.
What a great site.I am always on the lookout for bondish,spy,detectives albums.I posted three yesterday which were on your wanted list.Also thanks for putting forward the site grooves delight another great site.The latest crime jazz alan tew is great full of libaray music of which i am a big collector.Keep up the great work.

Best wishes.

The score.

THXjay said...

@The Score,

Thanks for contributing, it's always nice to see kind folks helping out. A couple of those are already on the site and at least one is actually from here (Incredible Bond) it's no big deal, I don't have a problem with things being duplicated but it may confuse some.

Glad you liked the Alan Tew (he is one groovy dude).....if you want to share any library albums, please do :)

Anyone into library stuff should check out Vintage Library Emporium it's a fantastic site

THE SCORE said...

@THXJAY.
Hi.Thanks for getting back to me.Sorry for duplicating i have that much i can not always remember where i got them from.I have got a lot of library albums which i will download some.Also thanks for Vintage Library Emporium.I will have a look.
Best wishes.

The score.

THXjay said...

@The Score.

No problem at all, I know exactly how you feel, I've done the same thing myself. It is hard to keep track of all the files that get downloaded.

Appreciate you taking the time to contribute here, many thanks.

Jay

Anonymous said...

Hi

192 bps. Only few people download it my previous post anyway

Bill Conti - For Your Eyes Only [Deluxe Edition]
(MGM RYKO-version)1981
with film dialogues

http://rapidshare.com/files/85469484/4Ueyes.rar



John Barry - OST Octopussy
[Deluxe Edition](MGM RYKO-version)1983
with trailer included in the cd

http://rapidshare.com/files/85484664/Octopus.rar




John Barry - The Living Daylights
[Deluxe Edition]
(MGM RYKO-version)1998
with trailer included in the cd

http://rapidshare.com/files/85549797/Daylights.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/85566924/Daylights.part2.rar


Bye

Anonymous said...

Bill Conti - For Your Eyes Only [Deluxe Edition]
(MGM RYKO-version)
1981

01. For Your Eyes Only
02. A Drive In The Country
03. Take Me Home
04. Melina's Revenge
05. Gonzales Takes a Drive
06. St. Cyril's Monastery
07. Make It Last All Night
08. Runaway
09. Submarine
10. For Your Eyes Only
11. Cortina
12. The P.M. Gets The BirdFor Your Eyes Only - Reprise
13. GunbarrelFlowers For TeresaSinking The St. Georges
14. Unfinished BusinessBond Meets Kristatos
15. Ski....Shoot....Jump
16. Goodbye, CountessNo Head For HeightsDining Alone
17. Recovering The ATAC
18. Sub Vs. Sub
19. Run Them DownThe Climb

13 - 19 Bonus material




007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-


John Barry - OST Octopussy
[Deluxe Edition] (MGM RYKO-version)
1983

01. Rita Coolidge All Time High
02. Bond Look Alike
03. Miss Penelope (original incidental dialogue from the film)
04. 009 Gets The Knife and Gorbinda Attacks
05. That's My Little Octopussy
06. Arrival At The Island Of Octopussy
07. Introducing Mr. Bond (original incidental dialogue from the film)
08. Bond At The Monsoon Palace
09. Bond Meets Octopussy
10. Poison Pen (original incidental dialogue from the film)
11. Yo Yo Fight and Death Of Vijay
12. The Chase Bomb Theme
13. The Palace Fight
14. Rita Coolidge All Time High

OCTO.avi

3, 7 and 10, original incidental dialogue from the film



007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-007-


John Barry - The Living Daylights
[Deluxe Edition](MGM RYKO-version)
1998

01. The Living Daylights (by a-ha)
02. Necros Attacks
03. The Sniper Was A Woman
04. Ice Chase
05. Kara Meets Bond
06. Koskov Escapes
07. Where Has Every Body Gone (by The Pretenders)
08. Into Vienna
09. Hercules Takes Off
10. Mujahadin And Opium
11. Inflight Fight
12. If There Was A Man (by The Pretenders)
13. Exercise At Gibraltar
14. Approaching Kara
15. Murder At The Fair
16. Assassin And Drugged
17. Airbase Jailbreak
18. Afghanistan Plan
19. Air Bond
20. Final Confrontation
21. Alternate End Titles


BOND.avi

13 - 21 Bonus material



Bye

cedric said...

Does anyone have and wish to share George Martin's Beatles To Bond And Bach?

Best wishes,

Cedric

Progrocktv said...

Since this is sort of Crime Jazz related (in other words this will be the title of the sure-to-be-released Bond 22 soundtrack)

Title of new James Bond movie revealed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7206997.stm

Progrocktv said...

Come to think of it I REALLY feel sorry for whoever has to write the theme song! I mean what rhymes with Solace????

"It is the Quotent of Solace...
This film doesn't star Telly Savalas....
because he is dead"

It'sll be a challenge that's for sure!

THXjay said...

So Bond 22 has officially been named "Quantum of Solace", I guess they have released the title this early so everyone can get used to it.
It is taken from a short story by Ian Fleming so does have a connection.

My vote is still for Shirley Bassey to make a big comeback :)

Progrocktv said...

My vote is still for Shirley Bassey to make a big comeback :)

I'd love to hear her hitting that last note of the lyrics:

"The Quan-n-n-tum of sola-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-s-s-s-s-s-s-s!"

I hear the current rumour is Radiohead, which I actually think they could pull off.

Anonymous said...

Here is a very nice version of le Grisbi:
http://yayosalvamusical.blogspot.com/2008/01/three-suns-1.html

THXjay said...

There is a selection of Theme Tunes in the sidebar to listen to, if anyone wants to keep them you can download the complete collection HERE

THXjay said...

Re: Above link,

I have removed the clickable files from the main page as they were really slowing down the site. You can still grab them "above"

It's been a little quiet in here recently, maybe it was because the sign/link on the main page wasn't clear, I've redone it to make it clear its "clickable" to enter here (if you're reading this you already know:)

THE SCORE said...

@@THXJAY.

Hi how are things in the spy dept.
I need some help.I am looking for a high res back cover original hawaii 5-o artwork.The front i have i am just after a nice back copy for my cd as it looks bare.
Thanks in advance.
Best wishes.
The score.

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone, This site is fantastic, ive gotten all the 007 soundtracks and the Barry Gray link posted above is brilliant!!
Coul anyone point me in the right direction for a Laurie Johnson 3 C.D set relesed a while ago,the first had a 70 minute suite of his Avengers work.
Iv'e tried everywhere and it deserves to be on display on this site surley?

Hugh

THXjay said...

Thanks Hugh,

Only one disc of that Laurie Johnson set contains music from The Avengers the other two are various film themes and concert/big band material.

As for deserving a place here.....do you know what a sidebar is ;)

Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

I like the subtle re-design :)

Oh.... talking about sidebars... the vault.. how do I unlock it?

Or is it "work out the code!" :)

Nice work all the same

Anonymous said...

Hi

I just found the blog. Too much.

Yesterday I saw an Australian pressing of the Roland Shaw that appears at the bottom of the main page. It was either that or its evil twin.

Are you interested? It was A$8 if memory serves.

Regards

Progrocktv said...

Just posted over at Easy Listening World:

Ray Davies & The Button Down Brass - Themes From The Exorcist etc.[1974]

This is a cool album which includes a version of the theme to the 1973 Bill Bixby series "The Magician" (something you don't hear everyday;-)

The French Connection
Love Theme From The Getaway
Klute
The Magician
The Entertainer [From The Sting]
Bullitt
Cops And Robbers
Enter The Dragon
Night Must Fall
Point Blank
Beyond Tomorrow [From Serpico]
Tubular Bells [From The Exorcist]

http://easylisteningworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/ray-davies-button-down-brass-themes.html

Anonymous said...

Hi again.

I bought it. I decided that it was so cheap that it would be churlish to risk you missing out on it. And in the event it was even cheaper because the dealer offered it to me for A$5 (thanks Rob). The average charity buy here would be A$2.

As far as I can see it is in top nick.

In my culture a gift of coveted rare vinyl forges a bond that can never be severed and creates a debt that can never be repaid. Luckily for you I have made a decisive break with the old ways.

Now all we have to do is figure out how to get it to you.

Regards

THXjay said...

@Col. Pete,

Thanks for thinking of me, if you leave your e-mail in a message anywhere on the site, then after it has published DELETE it straight away (I'll still see it at my end but no-one else will).

All the best

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop