This has been on my soundtrack "wishlist" for many years, now thanks to Quint, it has been fulfilled. This is the never-released score from the classic heist movie starring Sean Connery.
Quint has kindly taken the time to extract the audio from the dvd and it sounds great.
Also included are a few "bonus" tracks including a couple of versions of the main theme from other Quincy Jones albums (Thanks to Gremlin & Dimich) and the theatrical trailer audio.
My little way of saying thanks to Quint was to design these Hi-Res custom covers to house this masterpiece! Hope you like them!
QUINCY JONES : THE ANDERSON TAPES (DVD RIP)
A QUINT PRODUCTION
STEREO
1971






18 comments:
brilliant thanks quint :)
thanks to both of you
Great work guys, thanks!
Linked to your post at the Quincy Jones discography over at Blax jive, and sending people over ..
All the best,
simon
"Quincy Jones discography" in previous comment is a link btw ...
Keep up the good work guys, this site looks so great,
C'est parfait encore merci:)
@THXjay & Quint This looks great, super cover (as always) & I can't wait to listen!
@THXjay & Quint: Anderson Tapes is wonderful: thanks for all the effort. I'm on a huge Q. Jones high at present.
Thanks, Great work love this score.
Thanks for all the Bond files as well.
Scottish Fan.
This is awesome THXjay!
Can't wait to get a listen.
Thanks again for The Avengers / Professional scores! Loved these discs!
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment :)
It's a great quality rip by Quint and takes pride of place in my collection. There's been an Anderson Tapes gap there for far too long :)
thx jay great work great blog
just more psyhedelia =)& space age (Esquivel)
check out cinedelic
http://www.cinedelic.com/
@ THXjay
Many thanks again for your wonderful covers !! Great job as always !!!
Quint
Listening now... Great work, many thanks for the hard work.. THXjay & Quint !
This blog is serious, thanks to both of you gents!!!!!!!
Thanks for this great effort. Sorry it's gone!!!!!
Damn, I missed this.
One of my very earliest cinema-going memories, and I've been waiting 40 years for the score.
It would be terrific if it could be re-upped somewhere.
@ Graham
The link is still good (click the grey "Anderson Tapes" text)
I have been working on an upgraded version as it is a score that I've been wishing for for many years too.
I've redesigned the booklet from scratch and seriously expanded the content into a much more professional looking package. The audio will basically be staying the same (I may upgrade the quality of one or two of the bonus tracks) so feel free to grab it for now and enjoy it.
I will probably be doing the odd little tweak to various fonts and layouts but nothing much will change on the outside.
I will be posting the upgraded version here when I'm 100% happy with it and will bump the post onto the main page so don't worry about missing it :)
Stay tuned, and thanks for commenting!
Could you please re-post this? The link no longer works. Thanks!
Post a Comment