Anyone who has delved into my "Crime Jazz Collection" will know that I am a fan of Cyril Stapleton and his big bombastic orchestra. Although the LP cover (featuring the sixties icon "Twiggy") would suggest a collection of twenties flavoured compositions, it in fact contains some supreme arrangements of classic themes. Cyril lends his considerable skill to the likes of, Diamonds Are Forever, The French Connection and the always popular Persuaders theme. There are also some choice selections from other genre's covered too!
CYRIL STAPLETON & HIS ORCHESTRA : GREAT FILM AND TELEVISION THEMES
PYE (QUAD SOUND)
QPS-5002-Y
STEREO






6 comments:
Cyril Stapleton & His Orchestra
Great Film And Television Themes
Tracklist:
01. Diamonds Are Forever
02. Nicholas And Alexandra
03. Sleepy Shores
04. The Onedin Line
05. I Could Be Happy With You
06. Theme From Death In Venice
07. The French Connection
08. Le Casse (The Burglar)
09. The Persuaders
10. Sunrise, Sunset
11. Theme From Gumshoe
12. Theme From Raising The Roof
@320kbps, Ripped by Isbum
good lp, I picked it up earlier this year. Nice version of The Persuaders.
Your blog is super - I have linked it on mine, Spiral. Drop by if you get a chance - you should like some of the music on offer.
http://www.nlgbbbblth.blogspot.com/
All the best and thanks. Paul
Enjoyed this very much, too - some mulch, but there's also some corkers.
Unfortunately, the link is dead.
Keep up the good work though.
Wendel,
It should be OK now :)
Enjoy ;)
Very Much. ! Thanks
Post a Comment