I would first of all just wish to thank NLGBBBBTH from the excellent SPIRAL blog for kindly allowing me to share his rip of this amazing LP here at the lounge. I've been looking for this album for a long time and it's great to finally have a copy featured here. We have a few other albums by the incredible John Gregory (aka Chaquito) in the archives here and also a number of his arrangements feature throughout the Crime Jazz series we produce. So sit back and enjoy the big big sound of the action-packed Chaquito Big Band!
THE CHAQUITO BIG BAND : SPIES AND DOLLS
PHILIPS
6308 111
STEREO
1972







15 comments:
Tracklist:
Side 1
01 They Call Me Mister Tibbs
02 Bullitt
03 The Anderson Tapes
04 Spies And Dolls
05 The Looking Glass War
06 The French Connection
Side 2
07 When Eight Bells Toll
08 The Spy's Wife
09 Heist - Money Is
10 Our Man Flint
11 The Spy With A Cold Nose
12 Shaft
LP rip by NLGBBBBTH @320kbps
Don't forget to check out his great site HERE
Good stuff.
Thanx.
-Mongoloid
Thanks Hank :)
I'll drop by your pad soon!
I had done all that in the past (what you had suggested over at my place) to keep under the radar, but a while ago had decided to let the cat out of the bag, hence the blog linked to my name, etc.
Changed some names of the post titles as well to actual album names (tried hard to avoid those in the past) for folks to find through searches.
I don't really post much, if anything, any more, though backing up on a new HD recently led me to post the most recent shares, but you can see before that the last time I updated.
Feel free to link to me if you so choose (a couple have me on their blog rolls already), but know that I'm not maintaining it much. Though, all the posts are still active for those to dig into and discover those gems.
OK, I'll drop you in my linklist.
Let me know if you start up full-time again ;)
Thanks very much, keep up the fantastic work
I saw this the other day over at Spiral & thought of you...as it was MegaUpload, I forgot about it...but thanks for putting it in Rshare...Spiral is a great blog and deserves the exposure.
One question re: your survey, just how are we to know if we are seeing the correct allignment?
I think your sidebar of other people's blogs is brilliant...and it's great to see your pad throbbing again with activity.
No wonder 9 out of 10 housewives visit your blog first!
Yep, Spiral is indeed a great blog!
I only found it through a link from another site. I see a few familiar faces already commented there but never told me about it :)
Re survey:
You know me!
If you see any borders or graphics clashing or overlapping, that's the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid.
At the moment I have four different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome & Safari) and each seems to display the site slightly differently. I may go into more detail later with a proper post and explanation of why I'm making such a fuss over it.
But for the moment, I'll keep experimenting ;)
And let me know if you find anymore cool sites like Spiral.
you're fiddling again ;-)
The fiddler keeps on fiddling ;)
Just stay off rooves
Oh wow! Great stuff here! Like your cool covers.
Thanks
Terry in SoCal
Thanks Terry ;)
Hi Dom1
Re your comment "as it was MegaUpload, I forgot about it"
I do not have a detailed knowledge of upload sites but are there difficulties with Megaupload?
You might clarify, thanks. Paul
You do nice work THXjay
Great as always.
Thank you again
http://pixelmuttz.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment