CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

WHO DARES WINS

Fresh from his success in TV's The Professionals, Lewis Collins hit the ground running with this tailor-made action piece. As Bodie, he played an ex-SAS officer, so his role here was pretty much a continuation of that television character.
Supplying the pulsating score was a master of the genre, Roy Budd. Having scored many classic action thrillers throughout the seventies, here he bursts into the eighties with a slightly more electronic style. "Who Dares Wins" as it was originally titled was know as "The Final Option" when released in the US.

ROY BUDD : WHO DARES WINS
VARESE SARABANDE
STV 81188
STEREO
1982

4 comments:

Paul Bishop said...

I remember this film fondly and enjoyed this download. The interesting thing is the main theme is in some ways an up tempo version of Budd's Get Carter theme -- from the composition itself through the choice of instruments and jazz stylings.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to you I have really come to like Budd's music. The Crime comps opened his music wide open to me. Looking forward to hearing this one as well. LP

THXjay said...

Hey Bish,

I guess quite a few of Budd's scores could be called "similar" but when you're churning out quality like he does that's no bad thing :)

@LP,

Glad I could help broaden your musical horizons a little, you've certainly broadened mine with all the great Easy/Lounge/Exotica I've collected from your library :)

Thanks a lot both!

THXjay said...

Here are direct links to ALL the Roy Budd soundtracks featured on The Crime Lounge:

Fear Is The Key

The Stone Killer

The Internecine Project & Foxbat

The Black Windmill

The Marseille Contract

Diamonds

Get Carter

Fantasy Themes

Space Themes

In Action (Disc One)
In Action (Disc Two)

Or you can see them all with artwork HERE

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop