My custom cover (below) and on the outside two images above
This is the last of our Roland Shaw albums, This is a double LP set from the 70's entitled "The Return of James Bond in Diamonds are Forever and Other Secret Agent Themes" (do these albums have long titles or what?) and must surely rank as one of the best collections of its kind.
This is the last of our Roland Shaw albums, This is a double LP set from the 70's entitled "The Return of James Bond in Diamonds are Forever and Other Secret Agent Themes" (do these albums have long titles or what?) and must surely rank as one of the best collections of its kind.
As well as the usual Bond stuff that has appeared on various other Shaw collections, here we have some great versions of TV themes played the way only Roland can. Fantastic covers of The Avengers, The Ipcress File, Mission Impossible & Our Man Flint amongst others.
Thanks to Rocket From Mars for this excellent rip.
Included here is my own custom cover design (brown version above) it matches my cover for Roland's "World of James Bond Adventure" posted earlier. I made it because I couldn't find a decent quality version of the original (as seen above in white).
................................................................................................................
Update: LoungeTracks has kindly supplied high-resolution scans of the original gatefold LP cover. These have been resized for CD case/sleeve and can be found here
THE RETURN OF JAMES BOND IN DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER AND OTHER SECRET AGENT THEMES
DECCA RECORDS
PHASE 4 STEREO
2 - BSP - 24
1971








4 comments:
Thank you for such a wonderful site. I have spent the last two days downloading as much as I can whilst listening to your custom comps & Jazz archive of Spy music. You have so much uploaded here, that I ran out of energy trying to go through it all!!
I'm looking forward to putting all this stuff on my MP3 player & walk the streets with classic 50's & 60's jazz in my ears.
Keep it up, your the best!
Jim.
Thanks a lot Jim for the kind words :)
I hope you enjoy going through the rest of the archives (don't forget to have a good click around, you never know what you may find ;)
Remeber that listening to groovy Crime Jazz on an ipod can seriously affect the way you walk and may cause enemy agents to put the finger on you :)
Happy listening!
This really is a super collection Jay,, love your custom cover too it's mint.. great share :)
Thanks for the music. I love the cover you made.
Tara
Post a Comment