I don't know much about this album or the artist but I sure know one thing.....This is Crime Jazz in the traditional mould! Although this release dates as the 90's I presume these recordings are from around the early 60's or if not have been re-created with superb authenticity. Take a trip back to the Golden-Age with these swinging jazz greats!
THE LARRY MILLS ORCHESTRA : THE JAZZ SQUAD Music in the first degree
VINTAGE CLASSIC SERIES
VCS 026
STEREO
1995






7 comments:
Very nice album... It appears that Larry Mills Orchestra has done two other album:
- BRITISH TV THEMES ALBUM
- Cops Spies And Private Eyes
It would be nice to find & share them....
Many thx for this wonderful Blog.
Mr.B
I knew about the "Cops & Spies" album but not the other one!
Thanks for letting me know, hopefully someone will help out.
Just finished listening to this one and it was great. If the other volumes are available they would be good to hear.
Tracks 13-24 are all from the album "Music From M Squad", Stan Wilson conducting. Some of the tracks were written by Johnny Williams, AKA film music giant John Williams. He did a bunch of TV scores in the 50's & 60's and was Henry Mancini's piano player for a time.
Thanks for the compilation.
You're welcom Rich,
Thanks for the info :)
This looks mighty tasty Jay & Izzy, many thanks fellas!
This looks pretty cool. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment