Thanks to isbum for scouring the vinyl bins to find this pretty rare little treasure. Jimmy Haskell and his Orchestra play some great movie themes, and even though they're not all from the crime/spy genre, it's still a treat to feature the album here on the lounge.JIMMY HASKELL AND HIS ORCHESTRA : FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE
CAPITOL RECORDS
ST 2075
STEREO
1965






10 comments:
Hey Jay, what up Isbum?
Great stuff this, I've had it in my to-do pile for, well years now, thanks for saving me the trouble Izzy!
Don't be a stranger, pop by for a libation or three sometime !-)
-LT
Thanks LT. Long time, no speak :)
I thought you would have this hidden away in your vast vinyl crime & spy section ;)
Izzy found it, ripped it and scanned the covers in bits. I stitched them together and gave them a spit 'n' polish :)
Funny but, every time I see you, you have one of those vodka-martini's in your hand.....you old boozer ;)
Hey, Nice one. Thanks. Would this be Eddie's brother? Need to discuss Stereo Action with you sir. Email me. Seemed to have lost it.
I've got this in vinyl, so I won't be downloading it, but this has long been one of my prized crime-jazz records. "Dime with a Halo" is first rate, and the version of "The Prize" is also especially good. I don't know what "Flipper" is doing on here, but this album is definitely worth the while of those who haven't heard it. It's a shame I've never run across any of his other albums. I think he did one space-age pop album with an appropriately space-age cover, but I've never heard it.
Happy to see some love for this record!
3.99
Atomic Records
Burbank, Ca. :)
Um, beautiful downtown Burbank, that is. ;)
A little $3.99 record from "beautiful downtown Burbank" (said like Gary Owens and/or Johnny Carson) and they come crawling out of the woodwork - always amuses me what people respond to!
Thanks Izzy!
@ THXJ,
Great work on the covers - thought you must've had your mitts in there...and it's Bombay Sapphire Gin my friend !-)
I echo CBlack's comments about Jerry Goldsmith's theme from The Prize. Great to have this version of the tune. Thank you!
Hi there,
Pardon my thickness, but how do I download your vinyl??? I've tried clicking on the title, etc, but no luck. PLEASE help, as your collection is SO tantalising it hurts!!!
Great site, & I've been enjoying the Crime Jazz comps.
@ LoreNZo
The links are all hidden in the gray text info ;)
D'oh! THANK YOU!!!! You have eased my pain immeasurably! Great site btw & long may your cocktails remain shaken, NOT stirred! :D
Post a Comment