Third times a charm! Again our fellow agent (with a shelf bending under the weight of crime vinyl) LoungeTracks completes the long wanted Roland Shaw Bond trilogy. The third in the series recorded way back when cover versions were cool, this is another high-octane collection of full-on, kick-ass orchestral masterpieces from one of the best in the business!
The first two volumes can be found in our archives
The first two volumes can be found in our archives
ROLAND SHAW & HIS ORCHESTRA : THEMES FROM JAMES BOND THRILLERS VOLUME 3
LONDON RECORDS
LL 3514
MONO
1968








14 comments:
Great job you've done with the place. I enjoyed Vol.3 and tried to seek out the first two. I've seen the second one (the first posting and the remastered), but I do not see the first volume anywhere. Is it hiding?
I'm glad you like my painting and decorating job :)
You can find all of the Roland Shaw posts HERE
and you may also want to check out The Spy Forum ;)
Thanks for the tip.
Jay, i've grabbed the Invaders soundtrack, all 5 links of it. It's requesting a password to open and I can't seem to find the original location of that post. I was wondering if you know what it is? I even downloaded the thing twice just to make sure it wasn't a mistake. I figure it's probably something that someone else offered and hidden away in some comment post somewhere.
What's happening with the search engine? Will it remain out of order, or will something be in the works at some point? I absolutely adore your site and the graphics, layout, design, theme and content are all to die for. It isn't always easy to find things sometimes, though.
I always wish that there were a more complete artist/title list in the archives to make this easier. The search engine wouldn't even necessarily be as big a deal that way. If there were a listing for any/all Dominic Frontiere posts, for instance, I would be able to locate the source of those links myself.
Perhaps the surprise posts in The Spy Forum should remain separate, but everything else could get a listing in Archives/Labels. Another good reason to consider it is not only to make it more user-friendly, but also to be able to spotlight even more of the crime music legends in a highly visible list on the home page.
I know that's all easier said than done, and realize that sometimes time, resources and pc cooperation are factors in whether or not such things are pursued. I just thought i'd share a few thoughts i've had about the Lounge in addition to my question.
@ Jacko
The Invaders post can be found HERE but it is only two parts and I've never used a password on any of my links (hate them!) so I'm not sure what you have there. You aren't thinking of my Sweeney download are you?
If what you have is indeed a different soundtrack/rip of music from The Invaders I would sure love a copy myself ;)
I appreciate the kind words regarding the site :)
The search engine hasn't worked for quite a while now and is nothing to do with me, it's blogger that has the problem and it has been mentioned a LOT in various online forums and such like. It's ironic that Google can't sort out a search engine problem on one of its own platforms!
I've tried adding third-party search boxes but they don't work either, it's obviously a deep-seated problem in the blogger code.
The problem is even worse over in our Artwork Department (which keeps me very busy) where we have over 6000 posts of cover scans for soundtracks!
We do have the facility to search by composer though so it's not too bad.
I have been thinking of a way to make it easier to search this site but I'm not sure what to do. I've tended to only feature the well-known artists in the label links as otherwise we would have hundreds of names with only one post. Also the amount of "various artist" posts would still mean wading through countless albums to find what you were looking for.
I recently added the "also recommended" widget which shows other featured albums under every post as I thought it would help in showcasing some of the older posts.
As you may have noticed, I'm always tinkering around with the design/layout of the place and trying to improve things so stay tuned in future and hopefully we will get it all sorted :)
Many thanks Jacko, and don't forget to let me know about that mysterious Invaders file you have :)
Jay
Yes, I really don't see the necessity of passwords, and i'm not really inclined to pay money for a program to decode them, either.
I understand some of your dilemma about search capability on the site. I've used search engines on blogs that don't even bring up all the pertinent results. You can visually account for 5 albums by an artist, and it will only show 3 of them in the search results. I don't know why some engines do that, some work fine, and still others don't work at all.
Sometimes when you search through an archive, you'll get a link for Nov 2008 and you have to open it to find out what's there. Sometimes they'll have drop downs showing the actual albums posted in each month (the best), or at least the post title headings.
I've also noticed a search might just show you the 3 individual album posts related to your search and nothing else. Or, it might reopen the entire home page with your results plus a bunch of other stuff.
This is where I have some difficulty with the Crime Lounge. When i'm looking around the place, there are no shortcuts or any way to expedite what i'm trying to do. I move around different places, and it reloads all of the graphics that are on the home page.
This is a nice thing in theory, and I suppose there are probably people who don't have an issue with it at all. It's just that my computer is a little on the dimwitted side in terms of processing speed, and going from page to page around the site, and having to reload all of those beautiful graphics again and again really taxes the machine and slows everything down.
Personally, I don't mind the looking around part. It's part of the allure not only of finding an album, but just reading and learning about something i'm interested in, as well as enjoying the presentation of others. I find that it's just more of a practical necessity that everything be as simple as possible.
If I were considering how I might improve the place, I would figure out a way to isolate the displays for the Bond, Harry and other collections to the home page. Once you leave the home page, it really shouldn't need to reload all those graphics everywhere else, as dazzling as they are.
I remember reading in the forum about participation in one forum suffered vs another based on location/access, etc. Sometimes if there's too much going on, or too much to look at, it's hard to keep track of where everything is...
You might consider just reorganizing the archive area. It wouldn't even need to list every artist. Just having the ability to click tabs and pull up drop down menus (by month, week, etc.) showing the listings could function in itself as a search feature. It would be an improvement over blindly opening a page to find out what's in there.
Of course you'd still have to consider what to do with all of the visitor links. Not advertising them openly seems reasonable, but it might be nice to have a little area within the forum to list them all. I always feel like i'm probably missing a lot of stuff hiding inside all of the comments all over the blog, but there are too many to realistically check.
Sometimes a blog's home page opens with every post made over the last several months and you must wait for it all to load. By comparison, some have broken it up into segments. Each page will only hold the last week's worth of posts, or the last 5-10, and the rest disappear into archives.
I don't know much of anything about web design or how to make those things happen, but I do have an eye for what seems to work the best. I certainly visit some of them enough to know, haha.
I suppose you've got plenty of your own ideas about how you might consider improvements. I don't mean to impose too much with mine. But I really like the place and just felt like participating with a little food for thought.
About the links...I found them in your master linklist area....
http://rapidshare.com/files/83717727/The_Invaders__Television_Soundtrack__1967_.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/218169459/The_Invaders__Television_Soundtrack__1967_.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/218150979/The_Invaders__Television_Soundtrack__1967_.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/83731037/The_Invaders__Television_Soundtrack__1967_.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/83512576/The_Invaders__Television_Soundtrack__1967_.part3.rar
I don't know why there were two part 1's and 2's. They almost seem to be two separate pairs. If you'll notice, there are two 837s and two 218s.
I just checked out the link you left. The 2 volumes you posted there are the 2 with the 218 codes in them. What are those other two? I was trying to extract the files from the other Part 1. I'll try the other. I'm still curious about those other ones, though...
Jacko,
I think I see the confusion with The Invaders links now. When I first posted it rapidshare only had a 100mb file limit so it was in three parts. Then sometime later I had to correct a couple of mistakes on the cover and re-uploaded it. By this time rapidshare had upped the size limit to 200mb, hence only two parts!
I think the password may be because you have the wrong two parts. I have NEVER used passwords on any files here.
I will read through your suggestions again and see what I can do about making searching easier (and more organized).
Happy listening!
Jay
Jay,
Yes, I downloaded the two files at the source and all is fine. Without knowing what was what, I had just downloaded all 5 and was trying to extract from the old volume 1. Thanks for the assistance.
Also, I decided to give the Reg Guest 'Underworld' a try, and it appears to be missing 2 tracks. I double checked, and according to other sources, there are supposed to be 12 tracks on that one. This copy is missing 'Blues For An Unknown Private Eye' and 'High Wire'. I haven't located the original post, so I don't know what the situation is with that.
One other thing, i've gotten a bit curious about The Clee-Shays 'Super Spy Themes', started searching and notice that it doesn't seem to be here or anywhere, and i'm a little surprised. It appears to be one of the genre classics and there isn't really much mention of it around. As perhaps the pre-eminent arbiter of all things Spy in blogland...do you have it, have you heard it or seen it, and if so, what is your opinion of it?
The Reg Guest is a fantastic album but I only have that LP rip which I found online ages ago (don't even remember where it came from). It was supposed to have had a CD release but I think the company changed their minds :(
So what is posted is as complete as I have!
The Clee-Shays is indeed a great album and I could have sworn it was already posted here. It isn't but if you give me a chance I'll try and find the file and post it for you. If memory serves me right, this was another great share from my regular special agent LoungeTracks :)
Fantastic. LT is another favorite of mine. Sometimes his shares are available at his place as well, other times they are gifts offered as Crime Lounge exclusives. What a friend.
I was mixing up that Clee-Shays LP with something else LoungeTracks had shared. I asked him about it but he doesn't have a copy. He did however manage to find some active links to the CD release which I believe includes all the tracks from that very LP :)
I've just ordered the CD myself so will at some point add the tracks from the original vinyl release to the site (if I can find a good enough image)
For now, if you want it!
Links found by LT, Many thanks to the original ripper:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UEM7CHV9
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PCGBJ8EE
Enjoy!
I've heard that it's a new recording of old songs by the original group, but i'm not certain. There's a bit of confusion about that, and I haven't had the chance to listen to it yet to confirm. Thanks for trying. By the way, are there any available track listings for Dominic Frontiere's The Invaders? I know it's assembled from unreleased sources, but I was hoping there might be more info on the individual queues.
@ Jacko
If you mean the Clee-Shays CD, then no, it's the original recordings as heard on the original LP's.
The Invaders rip was something I was given by a friend who himself found online a while ago. I have no more info on it than that. If anyone out there knows the series inside out and wants to submit some suggested track titles, I will gladly add them to the covers :)
Post a Comment