The Invaders - A Quinn Martin Production. Starring Roy Thinnes as architect David Vincent.The Invaders - Alien beings from a dying planet. Their destination - The Earth.
Their purpose - To make it their world.
David Vincent has seen them - For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that he never found. It began with a closed deserted diner...and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey.
David Vincent has seen them - For him it began one lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that he never found. It began with a closed deserted diner...and a man too long without sleep to continue his journey.
It began with the landing of a craft from another galaxy. Now, David Vincent knows the Invaders are here, that they have taken human form.
Somehow he must convince a disbelieving world that the nightmare has already begun.
This is one of my all-time favourite classic TV series', and having picked up this bootleg recording a while ago I have just decided to create some covers for it. It may not be a "crime" series but I'm sure most of you agree it deserves a place here.
Produced by Quinn Martin and following the basic formula of his earlier series The Fugitive (posted earlier) this cult series adds that sixties sci-fi twist on the running man idea.
Check anyone around you for straight little fingers and settle down with The Invaders.
The Main Title theme and incidental music for 14 of the 43 episodes was composed by Dominic Frontiere, I'm not sure if all of the selections here are by him alone but decided to give him sole credit as he is the primary composer of the series. The show ran on ABC from January 1967 - March 1968. (Two Seasons : 43 Episodes).
I have included my own custom cover artwork for this two-disc set in the download. Hope you like them.
DOMINIC FRONTIERE : THE INVADERS TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK
ABC TV RECORDING
MONO
1967
This is one of my all-time favourite classic TV series', and having picked up this bootleg recording a while ago I have just decided to create some covers for it. It may not be a "crime" series but I'm sure most of you agree it deserves a place here.
Produced by Quinn Martin and following the basic formula of his earlier series The Fugitive (posted earlier) this cult series adds that sixties sci-fi twist on the running man idea.
Check anyone around you for straight little fingers and settle down with The Invaders.
The Main Title theme and incidental music for 14 of the 43 episodes was composed by Dominic Frontiere, I'm not sure if all of the selections here are by him alone but decided to give him sole credit as he is the primary composer of the series. The show ran on ABC from January 1967 - March 1968. (Two Seasons : 43 Episodes).
I have included my own custom cover artwork for this two-disc set in the download. Hope you like them.
DOMINIC FRONTIERE : THE INVADERS TELEVISION SOUNDTRACK
ABC TV RECORDING
MONO
1967






30 comments:
haha. this stuff is brilliant it used to be on here in england on channel four in the early nineties! by the way thanks for the live and let dies ost! grate work.... keep it comming!
gotta have it ...fantastic thx
fantastic stuff jay.. i always watched it when it was on..a classic bit of sci-fi for sure.
Yep, They don't make 'em like they used to :)
I glossed over the modern mini-series which I didn't think much of, it starred Scott Bakula of Quantum Leap fame and I was expecting it to be much better than it was. It had a small cameo appearance from Roy Thinnes just to make the connection with the old series but it was quite different.
Glad you enjoyed it and if anyone knows of anymore cult 60's tv scores in blogland please let me know.
I just bought the complete series on DVD here in Switzerland. Watched and rewatched all episodes. I'm a big fan. Roy Thinnes came back some years ago in The X-Files, but despite Chris Carter's hommage, Roy will always be remebered as architect David Vincent...
That is JUST GREAAAT! Can't wait to listen to the whole stuff. Such a gift! Thank you!
˜jX
My Eyes POPPED out when I came to
The Crime Lounge.
Fan? I was watching it as a youngster when it first arrived on TV.
I still have the spaceship model I bought and painted the little fiqures inside.
I have 10 purchased episodes on VHS.
I cannot wait till I can watch them on DVD.
To have THIS MUSIC is ASTOUNDING !!!
The first few episodes were introduced by Big William Conrad.
Actor, Radio's original Matt Dillion, The Lone Rangers voice on the now released 1966 Filmation Cartoon, the Quintessential Nero Wolf and so much more.
Great Drama. I was not a fan of the TV mimi series until I watched it again recently. It was good.
I was not a Scott Bakula fan at the time.
Thanks Many Times obver for this.
You hit a triple bulleye!!!
Vince
Roy thinnis stared with Angie Dickenin in The Norless Tapes, now avaiable on DVD. This is the first TV Movie by Dan Curtis for his series that became a different name:
The Night Stalker.
Darrin McGavin took the lead as Karl Kolchak Investigative Reported for INS News Servive.
Roy Thinnis's character was a writer delving into the supernatural.
Its well done and should be seen.
The Norless tapes.
Vince
As this has been so popular, I think a regular "Non-Crime" post would be a good idea just to add a little variety.....obviously they will be in the TV/Film/Sci-Fi/Action genres!
Thanks for all the feedback
Many, Many Thanks for this one... I was the one who asked for it a couple of months... Keep up the good work... Greetings from Argentina...
And also... does anybody knows where I could find the last episode of the invaders for download?
Great site man! I just linked your page to mine, feel free to stop by anytime. Gotta love that Dominic Frontiere!
Wow.
Haven't been around in a while and a lot has changed...yet stayed the same.
You put my graphic design to shame. ;-)
Keep up the good work.
--Mongoloid
@N.D.
Glad you like it, I did leave you a message to visit here :)
@Danny,
I have had a quick look around your place (awesome) and left a comment somewhere, I found you through Paul's Library Emporium.
@Mongoloid,
Hey man, how ya 'doin :)
I'm missin the old place, do you have any new digs? If you do let me know buddy.
Check out Paul's place (Vintage Library Emporium) link's in my list.
Thanks all
thanks a lot for this,always loved the sinister music from this series!
cheers now
Rob
The sites' a knockout! I'm havin' a ball with all these great tunes.
I happened across a soundtrack blog
last week and I'm tripping ever since. Please keep up the great work/fun! And THANKS! for all the posts; my cache is getting polished.
I'll be sure to start checking yard sales and thrift stores for lost gems; any advice for novices?
Has anybody found any "NEW" Mike Hammer [w/ Stacy Keach]? it opened with the Harlem Nocturne but I've forgotten who played it and never saw any release.
I'll be in touch.
Hey Shadow, welcome aboard :)
I know how you feel, I was totally blown away when I first discovered music blogs. I never knew they existed and stumbled across them by accident while looking through a forum, ever since my collection has exploded.
The only advice I can think of is to (obviously) check the link lists on each site to find even more great blogs, and always check the comments section, you'd be surprised what gets put in there out of sight ;)
Thanks for visiting
Over and Out
magnifico, una pieza de coleccion, gracias por subirlo
Thank you. This was a great series and post. I have a partial off topic request, the Spider Man series of the 1960's?
There is a collection of tracks used in Spiderman taken from the KPM music library.
You should find it doing a google "blog" search, I've forgotten where it was originally posted.
This is adream come true. I used to tape late night reruns onto cassette. Thanks for the fine work!
THXjay---amazing, as usual. I have just recently watched all 43 DVD-R episodes of "The Invaders", so stumbling across this is like kismet! Thank you. Dominic Frontiere actually composed the main theme (and most of the incidental music) originally for an unused "Outer Limits" spin-off pilot which would have been called "The Unknown". There were four other composers who did the rest of the incidental music (one of which was Richard Markowitz of "Wild Wild West" fame--check IMDb for more info). The incidental music is incredibly creepy in its effective use of variations on the basic theme. I only wish now for a proper USA DVD release. It's been released on DVD in several other countries already. Thanks again for the spy-fi/sci-fi linkage (after all, it WAS a Quinn Martin production). Also this series meant a lot to me because I grew up in Hollywood, CA. in the '60s-'70s where they filmed much of the Invaders' outdoor scenes (especially in the hills near my old home)! Added nice weirdness for me.
Solaris....
Yep, me too, I've been waiting for a DVD release of this for years, I've seen bootleg copies but have avoided them wanting a "proper" copy as it's a favourite of mine.
Hoefully some company will give it the full works when they get hold of it :)
Yep, me too, I've been waiting for a DVD release of this for years
Well your wish will soon come true for us living in Region 1:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Invaders-Season-1/8832
At Last!
It's a shame they didn'y just release it ALL as one boxset instead of splitting it, it's only 43 episodes ??
But it is great to have it released at last, fantastic.
Now we need a "proper" CD boxset of all the original remastered music :)
(well I can dream can't I?)
Amazing - I just found your site and here I come across one of my most dreamt-of TV scores of all time - The Invaders! Big Dominic Frontiere fan - love his score for the The original Outer Limits. Thank you for this - you d'man!
Mr Pleebus
Hi Jason, I'm slightly confused by the tracks... the sleeve says 77, I'm counting 94? Disc One 1-38, Disc Two 1-56. How many you got? I thought maybe there was an overspill from Disc 1 into Disc 2 but the track times don't marry up. It's confusing because Disc 2 track 1 is numbered 22 and track 56 is numbered 77. Not that I'm complaining...Many thanks.
Sorry Jay for some reason I wrote Jason - probably cos I've got a friend called Jay short for Jason, Many apologies
D
Hey D,
Jay is short for Jason anyway so no apologies needed :)
I'm not sure what's going on your end with the track numbers!
I'll have to dig out the file and check it but what I can say for sure right now is that nothing is missing.
I simply split the file into two "CD sized" chunks to enable burning, originally it was just one big file with however many tracks.
As I said above the rip isn't mine I got it quite a while ago from a friend (not his original rip either) all I did was design the covers to package it in.
Are you looking at the track numbers in the fils or as they appear in a media player?
Maybe the tags are mixed up!
When I get a chance I'll check it and post my findings here.
Gald you're enjoying it all the same :)
Jay
Hi Jay - nothing is missing...quite the contrary - I just seem to have 94 tracks spread over 2 Discs. Maybe I've stepped into The Outer Limits ;)
D
As of this comment, the links for this album have been updated to correct the wrong info on the cover.
There are indeed 94 tracks spread across the two discs:
Disc One (Tracks 01-38)
Disc Two (Tracks 39-94)
Sorry it's been a long time coming but I've been out of it for a while with computer problems and I'm trying to rectify all the little mistakes on the site...
Enjoy!
Thanks, thanks, thanks!
This is my favorite sci-fi series, and I never thought there is the soundtrack album. Discovered it just by accident, browsing your great website.
Post a Comment