From the Golden Age of Television we have a collection of themes from the incredible output of ITC (Incorporated Television Company). The company was run by the golden touch of impresario Lew Grade, a studio executive in the mold of the old movie moguls. ITC was the international arm of Lew's ATV company which held the TV franchise in both the London and Midland's area. Without him Television in the 60's and 70's would have been a very different beast, he brought us big-budget action/sci-fi/adventure series' to rival anything being produced in America. He was also responsible for selling many of these shows to US networks, something never dreamed of previously. Although the output of ATV/ITC was quite varied, here we concentrate on the spy/action-adventure genre as this is where they excelled and the music was also first class. Classic tunes written by the best in the business including Tony Hatch, Ron Grainer and Edwin Astley. They don't write 'em like this anymore!
The Car-Stereo Album - July Edition
-
*Playing on the Car-Stereo this month.*
Tracks:
01 - 3rd Force - This Is The One
02 - E. John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (rmx)
03 - Disco-Medley -...






6 comments:
One of our readers Catweazle has posted this over in the Spy Forums, I've copied it here in case anyone didn't see it over there.....
Catweazle says....
"Really enjoyed that compilation! But i thought You need a better version of Barry Grays "Space 1999" Theme. So i took my Space 1999 original CD Soundtrack and mixed a (IMHO) nice extended version of the theme which incorporates the original Theme as well as the alternate versions for the start and ending themes Barry Gray recorded. This is not available in this form on any Space 1999 soundtrack, be it the Fanderson/Silva Screen CDs or the RCA Vinyl release in the 70s.
As an extra i included the ITC Fanfare".
http://rapidshare.de/files/40299142/Barry_Gray.zip.html
"I dont have a rapidshare account, so this file will probably expire after 30 days or so without download".
Thanks Catweazle!
I have also re-uploaded these two tracks to boomp3 so you can preview and download them individually (also converted catweazle's ITC theme from WAV into a 320kbps file)
Space 1999 Theme
ITC logo
Enjoy!
When I read that Catweazle uploaded his copy and included a nice mix, my jaw dropped. I was bummed when the link no longer worked.
I have been on a quest for a clean copy (or any copy for that matter) of the original Barry Gray music for Space:1999 for quite some time. I haven't been successful in my search, as you may have guessed...
Listening to this music, be it Spy, Detective, Sci-Fi or Bat Man themes, brings back many happy childhood memories for me.
Can you please repost the Barry Gray and ITC links (if possible)?
If that's not possible, would you be so kind to direct me to other links that have this and similar music? I know I'm asking for your time, but I would greatly appreciate the help nonetheless.
Regards,
I know a lot of the links are dead here but since I semi-closed down a while ago I haven't really been around that much.
I'm not sure if I still have that track mentioned above, it could have gone with a crash but I'll have a look on my external drives and see if I can find it.
For now, you may find what your looking for at this site. You will probably need to register to see the links but it only takes a few seconds.
Barry Gray heaven....
http://forums.ffshrine.org/f92/barry-gray-tv-soundtracks-re-uploaded-66919/
Thanks!
Hi!!
PLEASE!!!! Any chance of ITC re up....my drive broke and lost all my music and this was one of my favourites...many thanks
Hello, this blog is absolutely fantastic! i was just wondering how "linkwithin" works, if that's how we get to the precious rip? to the golden zip package that contains these beauties?
Post a Comment