CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

THE QUIET EARTH

The wondefully atmospheric score to one of my favourite films, the New Zealand sci-fi classic "The Quiet Earth" from 1985. The film was directed by Geoff Murphy and starred Bruno Lawrence as the "last man on Earth", based on the novel by Craig Harrison.
I have designed a "complete" set of custom cover artwork for this (front cover pictured above). I've used the original poster art throughout to preserve the "feel" of the movie.
In 2006 Anchor Bay released a wonderful widescreen special edition DVD which came housed in a "steelpack" case and included an audio commentary by writer/producer Sam Pillsbury.

JOHN CHARLES : THE QUIET EARTH SOUNDTRACK
FIFTH CONTINENT / LABEL X
LXCD 9
STEREO
1985

4 comments:

GSW said...

@THXjay - Thanks so much for making a great "package" for this music. The late Bruno lawrence gave a really good performance in this film. Actually Bruno was a very good actor all around. Sadly cancer took him.

THXjay said...

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :)

I've been meaning to do a cover set for this for a while but never got around to it until now.
The original cover was a little bland (just white on the back) and although it used the poster art like I have, I tried to make it more visual and interesting.

Hope you agree!

Thanks again

Anonymous said...

the quiet earth is one of the movies which fascinates me endlessly. one of the top 5 movies of all times in my opinion. i never listened intentionally to the soundtrack, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Interesting and unusual

"Born Again" - classic music!!!

Thanks/

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop