CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION


I would just like to say a big Thankyou again for all the great feedback on the music and my artwork, believe me a small comment really means a lot.
I'm still tinkering around with the site and still trying to get my head around HTML (why doesn't blogger put all these little options in their template?), it's a nightmare changing something. I'm not really computer literate so I'm doing all this "parrot fashion" using the wonderful and easy to follow Tips For New Bloggers site, it's amazingly helpful.

There may be a couple of changes to the design of the place soon, I'm thinking of doing a little redecorating :) nothing too drastic though.
I have been a little stuck for posts recently, I have nearly put up some Easy/Lounge albums but I decided against it, for two reasons. Firstly, there are already enough great Easy/Lounge/Exotica sites (Xtabay's, Lounglegend etc) without me trying to compete with them, also because I set the tone of this place early on, I'm kinda stuck in a genre here. But hey if you're gonna be type cast, you may as well pick a really cool genre for it :)

So thanks again to all those who have entered into the spirit of the site and taken the time to share music in the Spy Forum, I won't list them all (you know who you are), it's really shaping up into the kind of "meeting place" I originally envisioned.
OK, folks, lecture over, thanks for listening (reading) and please keep dropping by, the site wouldn't be the same without all the great regulars.
It seems quite a few blogs are being shut down, for one reason or another!
I hope to stay around as long as possible and with all your support we should be able to keep this place fairly secure, remember if you spoil it, you spoil it for yourself!

Over and Out

17 comments:

THXjay said...

This post then delete works fine :)

I thought it would as I've noticed when someone delete's a comment I still get an e-mail notification with the message :)

Unknown said...

Hi,
I can't find some of the download links. Do you remove them after a few days?
Also I would like to go to the private share. I signed in with my google info and says I am not invited.
What do I do?
Thanks vince

THXjay said...

I've deleted the above comments, if you don't want your e-mail broadcast, please delete your own comment (after it has published hit the bin symbol at the bottom)

If you don't get an invite the first time around, don't feel left out, first of all, if I let everyone in who asks then it will just become an "open house" and I may as well just podt the albums on the main page.

The main reason for the private section is to share amongst trusted friends, rare and currently available limited editions and in-print titles etc, so I want to keep it low key.

Thanks for your understanding, and I'm happy to reconsider invites once I get to know you :)

vo5vo
The gray album info in the posts, use your spy skills.

Thanks all

Jason

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your compilation section...WHOA! Amazing, as is almost everything else I find here and didn't, otherwise and for the most part, know existed. THANK YOU...

THXjay said...

If you don't delete your comment containing your e-mail address, I will because I don't want anyone having problems through sharing e-mails here :)

Don't worry, I'm taking notes

Anonymous said...

What album contains Crack Shot by Max harris.
I tried a search but no luck for me Mr. THXJAY.
It has a very moving sound. I like that.
Vince

Anonymous said...

Hi THXJAY,

Off Topic but perhaps interesting to you and Frank Ly N. The project Joyful Film Music.
CAnnot add to the list because anonymous contributions are not allowed.
But perhaps some of the people there will read this mor you can give them a hint.
People speak of Cinema Paradiso. Well there is an extract from this to me most joyful peace of film music. It is also in Caro Diario.
It is called Anna and sung by Silvana Mngano from the movie Anna 1952. THere is also a very young Sofia Loren working in the bar...
Here it comes:

http://rapidshare.com/files/70528313/S12MA.rar

Comeback Shane said...

I discovered this site about a week ago and it is TRULY fantastic. I've been lurking around movie music blogs for a couple of years now and this one really pays attention to detail! (Holy crap, i want everything!)

Have you ever considered putting together a compilation of the same themes from different artists? Like a collection of JUST Peter Gunn themes or Ironsides themes? I've seen it done with the theme from Shaft and Hawaii Five-O and it is cool to compare them all. Just an idea! Thanks a million for all of the hard work on the site.

THXjay said...

@Vince,

Crack Shot can be found on the Mood Mosaic 9 album posted a while ago :)
I'm not sure which library album it originally came from without looking but it is more than likely an Amphonic release.

@Shane,

Yes I have thought about doing same title compilations but the best ones have already been done by some great bloggers, check out Xtabay's for Peter gunn (2 volumes) and others.
I may have a go at one in the future :)

@anonymous,

Maybe you should take a few minutes to register (it is free) then we can all see your name and you can participate, if your track was accepted by isbum, your still anonymous, therefore probably not going to be added to the compilation?

Thanks all

THXjay said...

Just thought Shane,

Check out Eek The Cat (link in sidebar) he has an AWESOME Eeksperiment in Terror collection on his great blog.

Hope you like it, and don't forget to thank him :)

Anonymous said...

This site has become my Number 1 favourite site!!!
Many thanks for giving me somewhere to indulge my spyvibe addictions!! Please when you redesign the site stay with the black background!!

Please THXjay goto:

http://homepage.mac.com/neil_palmer/Menu5.html

and send me a message, as maybe I can help you a little in return....as I'm a producer/pianist composer and I have a studio where I can maybe de click denoise your posts if you want me to?

Great Work!!

Neil Palmer

Ken Shinn said...

Marvellous blog! I was the anonymous who specifically started by asking for the link to Billion Dollar Brain, and haven't looked back since.

One, heart-felt, query: do you know if the theme from "Spy Game" (the Raimi/Tapert TV series, not the rubbish film) is available to download at all? I loved that show, and the theme!

Ken Shinn said...

thxjay - by marvellous coincidence, a friend has sent me a sound file of the abovementioned Spy Game theme, apparently straight from the telly soundtrack - all 46 seconds of it! A bit lo-fi, but very good stuff still. Would you like me to send you a copy, and if so, where should I send it to?

THXjay said...

Ken,

I'm not familiar with the series but if you want to send it in, put it in the Spy Forum so everyone else can find it :)

I presume you are uploading it to a file host? if not and just wanted to e-mail it to me, let me know.

Thanks

Ken Shinn said...

I'm not too computer-savvy - if you can just let me e-mail the file to you, then please let me know, and you can have a copy in all its twangy guitar, urgent percussion, and screaming vocal wonder!

Ken Shinn said...

Oh - as some further quick background material, Spy Game was a marvellous late-90s American espionage series overseen by Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert, shortly before they hit TV paydirt with Hercules and Xena. Much as I like those, I wish that Spy Game had lasted longer - it only ran to ten or so episodes. A marvellous, loving mix of UNCLE and The Avengers, added to by having Peter Lupus and Patrick Macnee respectfully included - the latter becoming a semi-regular on the show!

THXjay said...

No problem Ken,

I don't want to put my e-mail up here because it'll probably invite lots of junk.

If you leave a comment as you have here, just put your e-mail address in a comment.

Then as soon as it publishes on screen go back into it and delete it (click the bin/trash can icon)

Then no-one else will see it but I'll still get the message at my end :)

Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop