It's a favourite of mine and easily stands up against other greats like Get Carter and The Long Good Friday. Directed by Paul McGuigan and featuring a Powerhouse performance by Paul Bettany as the Gangster, it's set during the sixties which gives it a great cool retro feel and the score by Jazz legend John Dankworth captures the feel beautifully.
And how cool is the poster artwork!
GANGSTER NUMBER ONE : ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
CHANNEL FOUR RECORDS
C4M 00032
STEREO
2000







8 comments:
Fantastic! I've been looking for this everywhere after seeing the film and came up with nothing. I especially wanted it after realizing Dankworth scored many of the tracks. The 60's feel on some of the tracks is just amazing
Thanks for this Jay, it's been a long time since Johnny Dankworth's name appeared. As a companion piece, I'd like to share Sexy Beast with you and your readers. Enjoy...
Unkle, Roque Banos & Various "Sexy Beast" (2001), @192:
http://rapidshare.com/files/73959678/OST-SexyBeast.zip
Hey fella, I wasn't sure if you'd see this in the Bond thread over at franklynot, so I thought i'd link it here as well.
http://rapidshare.com/files/74923151/Shaken_Not_Stirred.rar.html
Shaken Not Stirred - Various Artists
You might not consider it crime-jazz but I think it's definitely spy-lounge.
I hope you enjoy it!
A very nice surprise to hear Engelbert Humperdinck singing Ten Guitars on this fine album. I thank you very much.
Vince
P.S. I will look for the dvd.
Really enjoyed this one THXjay!
Thanks!
this is a real gem of an album the mere thought of john dankworth makes my head spin..amazing
thanx for sharing jay.
Did you swap track 1 (Neil Hannon) for the Tony Bennett version? Or was it a typo error? Anyways your blog is just awesome.Keep up the good work.
I didn't label the collection, you know how it flies off and searches some dodgy online database for the album info :) well that's what it did!
The title track isn't Tony Bennett on the soundtrack.
Glad you like the site :)
Post a Comment