CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

SONGS FROM GOLDFINGER

This one comes from the vast vinyl archives of my fellow agent LoungeTracks. I'll let him explain :

It may be a little cheesy in places but I actually really like this (there's no accounting for taste I guess), it has some wonderful arragements on it, a nice easy listen. I decided not to leave this buried in the archive and give it a "proper" post, if not for the music then for the really cool cover, I'm a sucker for nice album art. Thanks for thinking of me for this one LT.

THE CHELTENHAM ORCHESTRA & CHORUS
SONGS FROM GOLDFINGER AND OTHER JAMES BOND FAVORITES
WYNCOTE RECORDS
W 9086
MONO
1965

Supplied by LoungeTracks

8 comments:

LoungeTracks said...

Yikes! You're the fastest Walther PPK in the east - thanks Jason!

I too love the cover on this LP and by the look of it, more thought went into the artwork than anything else associated with this record.

Drink it in...

THXjay said...

M keeps me informed of all new posts :)

Thanks again for helping out, I always appreciate a contribution from yourself, I miss the old Lounge :(

I was thinking of putting a little picture with the text "supplied by" next to it for special contributors like yourself but I'm still learning about all this HTML craziness......why don't they put all these little options in the template on blogger?

Anyway, thanks again, come by again soon :)

Jason

LoungeTracks said...

Will do, absitively!

I guess Blogger does it easier than the others but often disappoints - I'm sure you can figure out some work around. Heck, you've got more bells and whistles going on here than...than...well, some place or thing with far less bells and whistles than here. What a way I have with...um...er...letters and junk.
-LT

Anonymous said...

I thoughthis was pretty surprising actually. The second song on side one , which is , like, 4 songs in one, actually has some groovy go go guitar action.

Anonymous said...

This is a pretty great blog , by the way.

LoungeTracks said...

My snobby sounding, 10 second sum-up, was aimed primarily at Wyncote for only putting 4 songs on this LP. Imagine the kid in '65, wooed by the siren song of the cool cover, plunking down his .79 cents only to discover it wasn't quite what he expected. Now flash forward 40+ years later when it cost me $9.00, but I'm not bitter, really 'cause it's still neat to look at.

You're right Skipper, it does have it's moments, glad you liked it's crazy go-go sound.

THXjay said...

@Skipper Bartlett,

Thanks for the kind word, it means a lot :)

@LT,

Hey, I'm sure 79 cents was one helluva a lot of pocket money in 1965.
Are you sure that is an accurate amount, weren't wages about $15 a week or something stupid back then....before my time hombre :)

Having said that, I'm sure this so called 79 cents is purely a metaphorical entity and not applicable to the electro-chemically induced telepathic mind projection that we call "Reality"..........or maybe I just need a five minute break and a cup of coffee :)

LoungeTracks said...

"this so called 79 cents is purely a metaphorical entity and not applicable to the electro-chemically induced telepathic mind projection that we call "Reality."

Exactly, clear as an azure sky in deepest summer. I'll have whatever you're drinking Jason, and make it a double!

!-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop