CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

BEST OF BARRY

This is a superb collection of John Barry's best themes from Film & TV.
All of these recordings are from his 1972-74 period on the Polydor label. As well as the usual movie tracks we also have some more unusual items like the theme to the classic ATV series The Adventurer. One thing which must be mentioned here is the (as always with Barry) incredible instrumentation and amazing orchestrations. Sit back and let the Guv'ner do his stuff.

POLYDOR RECORDS
849 095-2
STEREO
1991

7 comments:

THXjay said...

Tracklist:

1. Goldfinger

2. Sail the Summer Winds

3. Love Among the Ruins

4. Lolita

5. A Doll's House

6. Follow Follow

7. Diamonds Are Forever

8. Boom!

9. Midnight Cowboy

10. This Way Mary

11. The Glass Menagerie

12. Thunderball

13. 007

14. Play It Again

15. Orson Welles's Great Mysteries

16. We Have All the Time in the World

17. The Whisperers

18. Curiouser and Curiouser

19. Billy

20. The Good Times are Coming

21. Walkabout

22. The Adventurer


As with all of the Two-Part files you need BOTH parts to unpack them.

@320kbps

brother john said...

What an amazing site! I am very impressed. Many, many props for all your excellent work!

Could you direct me to the link for BEST OF BARRY pt1 please, as the existing link only goes to pt2.

Thanks alot!

BJ

THXjay said...

Hey BJ!

Thanks for the Big-Up :)

It does indeed appear that someone at Rapidshare has taken a disliking to part one.

Stop back in a day or two and I'll try and re-upload it.

brother john said...

Brilliant, thanks!

BTW, don't know if you want to know about this sort of thing, but I just DLd a series of BONDS, and noticed that track 7 in 004 is corrupt (doesn't unzip), as is tr8 in 005, and tr7 in 007.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings...

Thanks again,

BJ

THXjay said...

I don't seem to be having much luck with the Bond's :(

I kept having them removed from rapidshare, so I thought I's give mediafire a go!

Now I'm reading a lot about corrupted files from them...

Not sure whether to just give up :)

brother john said...

Don't do that dude! The 111,312 visitors to your great site need you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Please, pretty please :-) re-up Part 1.

This LP is so hard to find and these versions of the compositions are unique.

Thanks for all your magnificent work on this site.

Paul

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop