Thanks to Filmpac for supplying this LP rip for us. Like he says it's not great quality at only @128 but a "low rip" is better than "no rip". There are some wonderful bongotastic tracks featured here including Route 66, Peter Gunn, The Third Man ans of course The Naked City theme. Also included are a few tracks from the lounge/exotica world including a bongozotica version of the great theme from A Summer Place.
JACK COSTANZO : NAKED CITY
LIBERTY RECORDS
LRP-3195
MONO
1961







19 comments:
Tracklist:
1. Theme From Route 66
2. Conquest
3. Duel in the Sun
4. Baubles Bangles and Beads
5. Mr. Lucky
6. African Waltz
7. Theme From Naked City
8. Theme From A Summer Place
9. Third Man Theme
10. Theme From Carnival
10. Theme from The Untouchables
12. Peter Gunn Mambo
I am very much looking forward to listening to this.
In general, if anyone is planning to rip an LP at 128kbps, and it's a MONO album you're ripping... please be good enough to rip it in 128kbps MONO, which would be the equivalent of 256kbps stereo!
All this other method does is to provide a low bitrate rip AND encode a mono LP into stereo. Darn shame!
Great share, but a shame.
Litlgrey,
Filmpac didn't rip this himself which is why it's not a great rip and has that annoying pulsating sound you get on lower quality rips.
Most of the rips featured at The Lounge are of course very high quality 320kbps rips but if we feature one from elsewhere or a "gift rip" it comes as is! and we're always very grateful.
This is (as fare as I know) a very hard to find album and having a copy, even at this bitrate is better than having no copy at 320 :)
I know your not complaining litlgrey, I'm just saying that whilst I do prefer 320 rips, I'm more than happy to feature rarer stuff at whatever quality it comes in.
Thanks all!
Yes, I agree! And thanks for taking my comments in the spirit intended. I would never be down on anyone who shares rare and classic material. Mr. Bongo, fer heaven sakes! :-)
Hey, no problem at all litlgrey.
Thanks for taking the time to comment, I always appreciate it.
Keep visiting!
Hi Jay & Carl (litlgrey)...I have this in 320kbs if you want it...Just post message here and I'll upload it to Rapidshare....Tiki-Tim
Double checked and mine is "Lustrous Stereo"-----------Tiki-Tim
FEED ME!!
:-)
ME TOO!!
Thanks Tiki-Tim, 320 and stereo, you spoil us :)
Will do......Uploading 5 Swingin' Lp's in 320kbs that I think you'll like,to Mediafire right now...3 Jack's,1 Don Ralke & 1 Leo Arnaud -Sonic Spectra Sounds .These albums are fantastic.The Leo Arnaud album is very rare and I've never seen it on any P2P or blog....I'll leave links active for 7 days...If you want to re-up them-go for it.As much fine music that I've got from your blog I need to pay back......Send me your email Jay and I'll send you the links.They should be uploaded within an hour and a half....Tiki-Tim (Carl,I'll try to catch your show on Lux Saturday night)
Links sent Jason...Enjoy.....(Carl..I sent you links through your email at netcom...)
Ya learn something every day. If I ever rip mono at 128 I now know what to do...thing is I always rip at 320.
Great series of posts Jay and thanks for the BBB (Barry at better bitrate).
Crime on! LP
Jason...Not sure if you downloaded all Lp's yet but I had to re-up all of them.Check your email for new links......Tim
Big thanks to Filmpac for getting this ball rolling and super thanks to Tiki Tim for picking it up and going for the touchdown!
Nice work all the way around fellas,
LT
For anyone taking the time to read the comments here is a surprise courtesy of Tiki-Tim.
Jack Costanzo : Naked City
A great clean rip @320kbps with scans
Thanks Tim!
I'm reading n' grabbing!
Thanks again Tiki Tim & our suave host Jay!
Thanks for sharing this great LP!
Add my thanks to Tiki Tim for the better rip too.
Had no idea this record would spark quite so much interest, turned out great all round:))
Thank you!
Post a Comment