CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

SPY WITH A PIE

This is another novelty record from Rocket's vast archive!
This children's television character (real name Milton Supman) was quite popular back in the sixties but I'm not familiar with him or the show so I direct you to the ever unreliable Wickipedia entry to explain HERE. Some more info can be found HERE, including pictures of various merchandising.

SOUPY SALES : SPY WITH A PIE
ABC PARAMOUNT RECORDS
ABC5-503
STEREO
1965

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WoW! Does that bring back memories. I used to watch this a wee lad. Black n White TV. Never went in for Mr. Rogers. Soupy was my guy and I used to laugh so hard when he got hit in the face with a pie. Great stuff. Lookin forward to hearing what this one is all about. lP

THXjay said...

Hey LP,

As I said I've never seen this (didn't make it across the pond) but I'm glad it has made you put on those "rose tinted" glasses and reminisce about the "good old days".

You know, when Television sets were the size of fridges but only had a 9" screen :)


We can always count on Rocket's never ending record collection to throw up a gem or two!

Happy reminiscing!

Anonymous said...

Pie in the Sky!
Soupy Sales!
I had seen his live comedy show, in what seems like yesterday, 1997 at the Riviara Hotel Las Vegas.
He signed a Pie Plate for me and I bought a Wrist watch with a picture of him and Pokie on it. Pokie was a little Lion puppet who appeared in his window.
Yes I have this album. Soupy was such a TREMENDOUS hit that Frank Sinatra and Trini Lopez with William B Williams ( a big time radio guy based in NYC) appeared on his tv show. These are availible on Rhrino DVD.
In New York City EVERYONE watched Soupy and rolled on the floor.
Great insight to post this LP.
P.S. I had won the tickets to see his show by answering a question asked on the Radio during an interview with him. I called in with the correct answer and that was my first time speaking to Soupy.
Question, Who is Soupy Sales Neighbor? While listening in my car I raced throught traffic to find a pay phone. I called in and screamed in the phone "Peaches , Peaches!!" I was in a crowd at 7/11. They thought I was in the sun too long. Then when Soupy told me I was right I yelled "I love you Soupy, I love you."
People moved away from me and I was on the radio. That's my story.
Vince

Rocket From Mars said...

Wow Vince THAT is one awesome story! Very very cool. I missed the Soupy phenomena by a few years. About the only thing I know about Mr. Sales is that his two sons were in that rock and roll band Tin Machine with David Bowie. I'm glad you and Licorice dug this album. Thanks for putting it on your blog thxjay!

-Rocket

THXjay said...

Nice story Vince :)

I'm so glad people are enjoying this. I wasn't sure how popular this would be because I didn't know about Soupy!

Thanks again to our Vinyl Archivist Rocket :)

Thanks guys

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop