From the same people who brought us TV grestest Cop Themes comes this great collection of "P.I. Themes". Again most of these are the original versions including a couple taken from the actual Television tracks that include the voiceovers. Check out Johnny Williams' (yep, he of Star Wars etc). Thanks to Filmpac for these two albums.
VARIOUS ARTISTS : TV'S GREATEST P.I. THEMES
RHINO RECORDS
STEREO
2000







5 comments:
Tracklist:
1. The Rockford Files - Mike Post
2. Mannix - Lalo Schifrin
3. Charlie's Angels - Jack Elliot/Allyn Ferguson
4. 77 Sunset Strip - Warren Barker
5. Vega$ - Dominic Frontiere
6. Peter Gunn Theme - Henry Mancini & His Orchestra
7. Cannon - John Parker
8. Hart To Hart - Mark Snow
9. Remington Steele - Henry Mancini Orchestra
10. Wild Honey - Alfred Perry
11. Hawaiian Eye - Warren Barker
12. Spenser: For Hire Theme - Steve Dorff & Friends
13. Harry O - The John Gregory Orchestra
14. Theme From Checkmate - Johnny Williams & His Orchestra
15. Tenspeed And Brown Shoe - Mike Post
16. Theme From Magnum, P.I. - Mike Post
@128kbps
Checkmate was an old show I use to try and see when it first came to TV. It had Sebastion Cabot before his Family Affair Butler Days.
The opening was a swirl of colors, although it was Black and White when I saw it.
I was liked it. Thanks Vince
For what it's worth...Checkmate is hands down the best TV soundtrack ever. Peter Gunn is a close second but Checkmate will always be my number one. There's also a great Jazz version of the Checkmate soundtrack by Shelly Manne.
Nice blog you have here thxjay. Judging from that "Checkmate" sample, I would say this album is worth checking out. I can't wait to hear it. Thanks and again, Great blog
Hi friends,
iam looking for MORE MUSIC from the
television series "HART TO HART" by Mark Snow. There is no official soundtrack available.
I hope anyone hay anytunes from the crime series with Robert Wagner & Stefanie Powers. Thanks for helping.
Send your files to me :
HART_TO_HART@aol.com
Iam a big fan from this series :)
All the best,
Mario
Post a Comment