CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

THE EIGER SANCTION

The soundtrack to a great 70's thriller, they don't make 'em like this anymore!
Actually they do, the Bourne movies being a fantastic example of modern thrillers but I do have a nostalgic soft spot for the classics of this era, especially those starring Eastwood, Bronson, Newman etc. Here then is one of many great scores written by the ever reliable John Williams.

JOHN WILLIAMS : THE EIGER SANCTION
MCA RECORDS
MCA 2088
STEREO
1975

6 comments:

Paul Bishop said...

This is one of my favorite soundtracks. I about wore out my original vinyl copy, so thanks for the electronic upload!

Bish

mister alf said...

Another great post and addition to the site. Thanks. Do you any more Clint Eastwood movie soundtracks that would be fit the Crime Lounge criteria, eg The Gauntlet, City Heat, In the Line of Fire....

phil said...

superb thanks
while I'm here recommended .....

http://easylisteningworld.blogspot.com/2008/02/ray-davies-button-down-brass-cops-and.html

CycyLolo said...

Great blog ! One of my John Williams favorites ! Great period for thes great talented composers.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Eiger Sanction because Clint did his own stunts. Even George Kennedy was helicoptered up to the peak and sat at the edge of that 450 foot tower.
I got this all from the special features on the disk. I got vertigo looking at them sitting there.
Thanks for the soundtrax.
Vince

THXjay said...

Thanks everyone for the comments,

I don't have that many Eastwood soundtracks (do have the Dirty Harry's) a lot of his movies never had any release for some reason.

May have to do a Dirty Harry Quadrilogy collection in the future.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop