CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

MODESTY BLAISE

Another jazzy spy score from Johnny Dankworth. If you liked the previous Fathom album you will probably like this one. This is the Full soundtrack from John Dankworth to the cult campy 60's classic starring Monica Vitti, Terence Stamp, Dirk Bogart and directed by Joseph Losey. This contains both the British and American release songs and cues.
Modesty Blaise started life as a comic strip in 1963 and was created by British writer Peter O'Donnell. Also includes the trailer. I've created a quick front cover for this one.

JOHN DANKWORTH : MODESTY BLAISE
HARKIT RECORDS
HRKCD 8002
STEREO
1966

4 comments:

litlgrey said...

If I remember, this was yet another of the super-grey area of legality Harkit releases that did not have access to pristine sound sources and suffered greatly from a digital transfer from an existing vinyl copy on the 20th Century Fox Records label.
Is that pretty much what your copy sounds like?

THXjay said...

Yep :)

It's not my rip, I picked this up a long time ago from a friend.

I've never seen any other release or version so I suppose it's as good as it's going to get for now.

Cheers

Lemoncat,, said...

a classic jay,, a pure classic :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop