CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

FOXTERCINEHIDE

If you're a regular visitor you will know that one of my favourite film composers is Roy Budd, a natural talent from a very early age and a fine jazz pianist.
Here is a compilation featuring the music from three films scored by him during the funky seventies, need I say anymore!
Included here is music form Foxbat, The Internecine Project and Something To Hide. Depending on where you look Internecine tends to be spelt two different ways, the Cinephile cd release spells it "Intercine" whilst the original release and posters spell it "Internecine", I created this quick cover and went with the older spelling as it appears that way on the original movie posters.

THE INTERNECINE PROJECT : FOXBAT : SOMETHING TO HIDE
CINEPHILE / CASTLE MUSIC
CIN CD0 019
STEREO
1974/1977/1972

6 comments:

Lemoncat,, said...

superb jay thanx a lot for posting this gem.. can't go wrong with roy budd.. fantastic :)

Anonymous said...

Truly fantastic, I have to agree! Thanx for this great compilation, Jay!

BTW - can someone tell me what the instrument is called one can hear e.g. at 00:08 of track 4? It is very typical for spy movies (and Stereophonic Space Sound Unlimited use it a lot in their "Spacesound Effect"-Album). Is it something like an electric zither? And the instrument playing the main theme at 00:15 of track 6? Is it the same instrument or something like a banjo?

THXjay said...

Bundok,

I believe it is a Cimbalom, it was probably really made famous by John Barry when he used it for The Ipcress File theme, ever since it has become synonymous with the spy genre.

P.S. Stereophonic Space Sound Unlimited are one cool retro band and should be more famous than they are.

Anonymous said...

Doh - of course it's a cimbalom! How could I forget about this instrument?! I 've seen it being played several times in the bavarian alps. I didn't know that you could actually play cool music with a cimbalom. :-)

Thanx for that quick answer and thank you also for additionally solving another mystery for me: I always knew that "Icpress File" theme but didn't know its name, let alone the movie it came from. Well, the soundtrack is just awesome! Not as rich as the Roy Budd-stuff on your compilation, but it has a very, very cool vibe to it. Definitely a movie I'm gonna have to watch.

What a lucky day for me! Thanx a lot!

THXjay said...

Your welcome bundok,

The Ipcress File is a great film (with two decent sequels, and a further two TV films)

It's John Barry's incredible score (all three in the archives) that really elevates it to classic status, it's probably too slow for todays wham bam! audiences.

Thanks for visiting

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop