A top notch collection of jazzy versions of the Bond catalogue including the superb From Russia With Love. This collection features not only the main Bond themes but some nice jazzy arrangements of incidental music from the films, all played by some world class musicians.
CD rip @320
COUNT BASIE & HIS ORCHESTRA : BASIE MEETS BOND
CAPITOL RECORDS
STEREO
1965







12 comments:
Now your talking. Basie on Bond. Very nice! His From Russia With Love is the mark. LP
Thanks LP,
Thought you might like this one you old smoothie you :)
All I can say is, wow! You must have a lot of free time to load all these up...great stuff...thankyouthankyouthankyou!
-RadioWizard
I do at the moment which is why I'm spending it getting the site "established" so folks don't just visit, see a couple of posts and not bother coming back.
I think there is enough to keep people busy for a while.
All the best RadioWizard
Hi thxjay,
just wanted to drop by, say hi and praise your blog!
Though currently my moods are so low I have a hard time truly appreciating the styles of scores you provide, but some jazzy crime-spy music should always come in handy once I get back into this grinning from last night's conversation at Isbum's.
I really had a blast.
Talk to ya soon, "George".
Thanks & Cheers!
Thanks George,
I'll drop by your place and check out those paintings/pictures when I get some spare time.
Jason
What a Fantastic, Professional Looking Site!
Jason, You put the rest of us to shame. Keep up the good work - Absolutely First Class!!
Regards, RR
I'm honoured that a blog veteran like yourself likes my layout.
I'm still learning how to do things, and still baffled by some things :)
I'll be dropping by your place soon to pick up the rest of those awesome ORGAN comps.
All the best and thanks again
Jay
Rare Basie and most welcome. Thank you for this.
The site's presentation is great.
Thanks Jazzman :)
Have the CD (and years ago downloaded some VERY hard-to-find album rips), love most of it, just had to comment 'cause I'm glad more people are getting to hear it. Lockjaw's solo on "From Russia With Love," the pendulum-swinging buildup to the crashing finale on "Goldfinger," and the steamy "Girl Trouble" are aces.
Great album, thank you very much
Post a Comment