Thanks again to everyone for all the positive feedback, and to all those who have taken the time to contribute to the site. I must thank Cedric for the rare album rips and wonderful scans he has provided for us, and to Filmpac, Rocket and numerous others for their help.I hope you all consider this site as "Our" site, it's not about me, the original intention was just to create a meeting place for everyone who enjoys this type of music to visit and share with each other. Thanks to the goodwill of the folks here it seems to be getting there.
If anyone wants to contribute anything (music, artwork, scans etc) please post all links in the Spy Forum, it keeps things in one place and easy to access for everyone, Thanks.
To all those new to blogging, a little tip, you may want to check the comments sections for posts, you never know what you may find in there.
Again, thanks to all for the great feedback on the design of the site, it's my first attempt so it may not be too professional. I'm still playing around with add-ons and things so please forgive me if the pages take a while to load.
I must give credit to a wonderful "how to" blog for helping me with the layout, It wouldn't be half as nice without their "idiot's guide" approach. Check out there Excellent blog HERE
Hope you're enjoying my Crime Jazz volumes, they're slowly building up now and hopefully will turn into an essential set when finished (if it ever reaches an end).
Don't forget to use the Crime Files Jukebox, there are many tracks on there to listen whilst you browse or if you just want to sample a track before downloading an album.
If anyone has downloaded the Cheltenham Orchestra & Paris Mitchell Strings albums and needs artwork. Thanks to Cedric for scanning the covers to go with his rips, click the relevant title to get a cover image.






9 comments:
Once again, great blog! You;ve made it quite nice and friendly here. One of my favorite stops on the web!
Keep up the good work!
-wolfie
Thanks Wolfie,
Much appreciated :)
the place is looking hot man. keep up the good work
Hi Jay
This site is getting cooler and cooler ever time I come here. FYI I've posted a couple more fun things on my blog which I hope you like.
BTW adding lines requires you to use the HTML tag br with < > on either side
Cheers
Crispy
Thanks Cosmo,
Check out the Spy Forum, I've put a couple of Amphonic library albums in there :)
And Thanks Crispy,
Looks like I beat ya to it with Ray Barretto, it's a good one though. I love a bit of Latin :)
What's happened to your comments, have you disabled them?
As for the HTML, well I hate it, it's about time someone sorted out all this computer talk and made things work simply. Do you mean just put that at the beginning and end of the sentence or paragraph?
Thanks
Aye Carumba!!Looks like we were on the same wavelength about Ray Baretto.
Thanks for the heads up on my comments - I'd switched them off until I could work out how to remove my own comments which contained links.
As for html you type the 'less than' arrow then br then the 'more than' arrow and that represents one line break. You put that at the end of the line you want to break. I'd show you in this comment box but the bloody thing won't let me! Best to Google HTML shortcuts and you'll find scads of site who provide lists of handy html code
This blog is consistantly AMAZING and the music you provide is incredible.
I have nothing but praise for any of the contributors to this place.
Thanks again!
You know I'm a big fan of yours but man, that slide show is making it hard to get around here.
I finally turned off Java and Javascript and it allowed me to scroll down, before that I was stuck at the top of the page.
Maybe it's just me on a Mac running Camino, but this is a bit of a sticky wicket...I said that because you are english and all....thanks.
Thanks Crispy,
I did try and ask by typing an example myself but it wouldn't let me put those in the comment :(
Surfrider,
Sorry about that, I thought it was a cool little display. So there is a downside to those "Perfect" Macs then :)
If anyone else is having big problems with the slideshow, let me know.
Post a Comment