He composed some of the best remembered themes for the fantastic series' from the ATV studios (released through their ITC arm) under the great Sir Lew Grade, a legend in British TV.
Without Lew, British television in the sixties would have been a dull experience.
The music here is pure class and stands on its own as an enjoyable listen, ranging from Jazz to Lounge with a little Latin thrown in. CD rip @320
EDWIN ASTLEY & HIS ORCHESTRA : THE SAINT
RCA RECORDS
LSP -3631
STEREO
1965







8 comments:
Thanks for this one, also. I don't remember too much about the TV show, I was a kid when it was on, but ya gotta love the music!
Gary
The Saint!? I don't believe it! You're great!!
Rich
Thanks Rich, This is a great album, they don't write TV music like this anymore :(
I was just commenting about this on the next post - glad I scrolled down. I've been looking for this for a long time since launch.com or whatever site had it stopped streaming years ago. Thanks!
mikelietz,
I'm happy to bring a little pleasure into someone else's life :)
It is a good one this.
More wonderful.
I am downloading now. Rapidshare is releasing this to me at 15.1 kb per second.
Its about a 45 minute download and I have Hi-Speed cable.
What do you think about this slow speed?
Many Thanks.
Vince
Sounds great!
Vince
Great share. Love those TV shows. By tha way, I'm looking for the Dave Grusin's "It takes a thief" soundtrack. Not sure if it was released (I think not), even in the vinyl era. Anyone could help? Tanx in advance, mate.
Post a Comment