The original Matt Helm adventure here with 1966's The Silencers. With a great Spy/Lounge score by Elmer Bernstein. The soundtrack to Murderer's Row can be found HERE in the archives. I'm not sure the remaining film in the trilogy (The Wrecking Crew) ever had any sort of soundtrack release but if anyone has a bootleg or something please do share it. This is what makes this type of music so enjoyable, cool swinging tunes.
ELMER BERNSTEIN : THE SILENCERS
RCA VICTOR
LSO - 1120
STEREO
1966






6 comments:
Another 60's series of movies I enjoyed watching. It's going to be a fun day at work tomorrow listening to some of this music.
Again thanks for the share and all the work you are doing with this site.
Cheers
Torontomush
The second Matt Helm movie, "Murderer's Row", had a score by Lalo Schifrin relased on Colgems Records.
Where are...
DEAN MARTIN as MATT HELM : SINGS SONGS FROM "THE SILENCERS" ???
and
LALO SCHIFRIN : MURDERER'S ROW ???
albums.
Murderer's Row can be found here:
http://toukoutou.blogspot.com/2010/01/lalo-schifrin-murderers-row-mi-lp.html
And very groovy it is too!
After 3 months of visiting still can't get over how cool this site is, you sir are the dude.
PS
The soundtrack to Murderer's Row is already featured back in the archives. I've added a direct link to the text in this post.
Sorry things are so hard to find, it's the blogger search engine, it hasn't been working for a long time. I got so fed up with it that I removed the search box :)
I'm constantly checking to see if they've fixed it, and when they do I'll add a new one.
For now I'm afraid you will have to search by the labels and recommended titles under the posts!
Now all we need is the soundtrack to The Ambushers & The Wrecking Crew and we have the complete Matt Helm Quadrilogy :)
I love the way these spy/lounge scores capture a certain era.
Post a Comment