CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

DANGER MAN

Another ITC success story Danger Man, again with fantastic incidental music by Edwin Astley.
This series along with The Saint & The Avengers were the first series that really "took off" in America. Up until this time American television had really been a closed door to non-American productions. But old Lew Grade did the impossible and sole snow to the eskimos, of course they had to mess with it and re-named the series "Secret Agent" and added a theme song, replacing Astley's instrumental tune. From what I can gather the series was very influential, especially the theme, which can be heard on many artists theme collections. This one bears the US title as it's the American release. CD rip @320
EDWIN ASTLEY & HIS ORCHESTRA : DANGER MAN / SECRET AGENT MAN
RCA RECORDS
LSP 3630
STEREO
1966

7 comments:

DeaconBlues1103 said...

Jay,
Thanks for this great post. I was a HUGE fan of Secret Agent back in the 60's (being somewhat older than you)
I didn't even know that there was a soundtrack, and now, I'm downloading it! Thanks for putting me on your link list, and leaving a comment. This is great!
Gary aka DeaconBlues

THXjay said...

Hey Gary,

Hope my little mention gets you more "traffic"

And how do you know how old I am, you aren't associated with black ops of any kind are you:)

But you are right, I don't remember the 60's but it's my favourite era, I just LOVE the TV, the music, the style, everything.

hope you find a few albums here to keep you entertained:)

All the best,

Jay

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear (for the first time in years..)

thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome download, I've been searching for this for a long time!

Useless trivia - "Mio Amore Sta Lontano" is a Rod Argent song originally performed by The Zombies.
Thanks,
The Jimmy C.

THXjay said...

Jimmy,

All trivia welcome here :)

Glad you like it

Anonymous said...

Loved this album. I went in with no expectations - I've never seen this series (but love the follow-up series The Prisoner), so I was really pleasantly suprised at how good this album was. The harpsicord in some of the cuts was also a nice touch as well. Now I really want to see this show!

THXjay said...

It's a great show, helped enormously by Patrick McGoohan screen presence. Although he went on to create the fantastic series The Prisoner, I think he left it open as to whether it was based on John Drake, the character from Danger Man. It's a nice continuation either way.

No-one did spies like the 60's :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop