CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

MIKE HAMMER

Many thanks to El Sebasto for supplying this CD rip. Crime Jazz fifties style, music by Dave Kahn and Melvyn Leonard Gordon (aka David Gordon) with orchestra arranged and conducted by Skip Martin. Original release details below, this transfer taken from the Spanish CD re-issue.

SKIP MARTIN : THE MUSIC FROM MICKEY SPILLANE'S MIKE HAMMER
RCA VICTOR
LSP - 2140
STEREO
1959

8 comments:

display said...

Fantastic. Many thanks for this.

Anonymous said...

Just found the Crime Lounge, thanks to Ernie Not Bert.

Um, is there some special way to download stuff? Is it only up for a short period of time?

THXjay said...

Use the Force, and if that don't work try "Mike Hammer";)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Skip Martin, (I may have mentioned this already) He had a great album on the budget Somerset label,"TV Jazz Themes."
Speaking of great albums, One I've enjoyed over the years is "Checkmate"-Johnny (John) Williams. There's also a great Checkmate album by Shelly Manne.
Just thought I'd toss these suggestions out since I'm a huge Crime Jazz fan and I think others would really like these albums. I still play all three.
I'm not set up to post them so I thought I'd pass along the idea to anyone who is able.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! Now if you could only find the Stan Purdy/Mickey Spillane album... Ah, pop open a Miller Lite...

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Does anybody have a zip download of this album? I'd like to download it but I don't have rar.

THXjay said...

Kevin,

Download Winrar, it's a free program, here:

Winrar

It will then appear as an option when you right click a file, just like Winzip :)

Hope that helps

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop