Here is one of my favourite bandleaders of the 70's, I grew up listening to and collectiong LP's by him, and used to have almost everything he did (especially TV stuff) but when I left school I turned to the dark side and sold my record collection to make way for "The Future" of music, the amazing new shiny Compact Disc.
I really regret doing that now of course, but at least thanks to the internet and all the generous bloggers out there, I've managed to get a lot of my original collection back (albeit without the lovely large artwork on the covers).
Anyway here we go, no-one can blast out a big-band orchestral tune like Mr. Love.
GEOFF LOVE & HIS ORCHESTRA : BIG BOND MOVIE THEMES
MUSIC FOR PLEASURE
MFP - 50229
STEREO
1975






12 comments:
Great selection! Albums here I haven't seen elsewhere. Hope you don't give up because of lack of comments.
Currently enjoying 'Underworld' and downloading more.
Great job!!!
Okieirish
Hey Okieirish,
It is a little disheartning when you look at the ratio between downloads and comments, obviously people like the stuff here but can't be bothered to take a few seconds to say thanks.
I must admit I have done the same myself on occasions but always try to take the time, the poster always appreciates the effort.
Glad you like the new place, thanks for your support, its very much appreciated.
I've got some more goodies coming soon (including my definitive crime jazz series), so keep on visiting and its good to have you on board.
And if you have anything to contribute (as I always keep asking, but it falls on deaf ears:)
please do.
All the best
Jason
Many thanks for all your hard work and informative comments.
G
thxjay
As a long time Bond fan, I jumped on this one. Can't wait to give it a spin.
Thanks for sharing.
Don't let the non-commenters get/not get to you. It's a necessary evil in the blogathon.
Drop me an email. I have some more to shoot your way.
Doing a nice job so far. Keep it up.
Trustar
Trustar Vibrations
I've been looking for a rip of this for AGES!! Thanks dude. This was my favourite album for a very long time when I was a student. Picked up from a charity shop amongst Geoff Love's other theme LPs.
I'll check out the rest of your blog now! Great stuff!
Thanks! I found another Geoff Love recording but of Super Hero themes. I really liked it but the audio quality wasn't that great.
Hi , This is a fantastic site.... Nice to find something different! ..I have just downloaded The Big Bond Themes of Geoff Love and was wondering if you had his space themes album ? ..It has themes from Space 1999 and a rather unusual Dr Who theme. Thanks Again!
Psy
@ Simon
Sorry for the delayed response. Been a little busy lately!
Here's a link to the Geoff Love sci-fi LP's. They aren't my rips and I forget where I found them now but I've uploaded them for you. Many thanks to the original ripper.
Geoff Love LP's
Thanks for the feedback on the site :)
Enjoy!
Used to have this album when I was a kid. Have d-loaded all your Bond Collection - a fantastic piece of work. It`s a great site and very impressive, the only thing is, and sorry in advance for being a bit thick, but where the fekk is the download link for this album? Can't see the bloody thing anywhere!
Hover over the grey text as always ;)
Hmmm... must be something up with my PC, only thing it registers is the album cover. Move off that and the mouse pointer turns into that vertical line thing. But when I went over to the Bond Collection section and clicked on the cover it took me to Rapidshare no problem. WTF?
Oh FFS! Finally worked out what I`m doing wrong - Duh!
Thanks in advance - really looking forward to hearing these again!
Post a Comment