I would just like to thank everyone once again for all the kind comments and support, I really appreciate it. I would also just like to make myself clear on my postings: Not all of the albums posted here are my own rips, many have been collected by myself & others over a period of time. Where the original "owner" or "ripper" is known I will clearly credit them for it. If it's from an unknown source, or is a file that has been passed around then there isn't too much I can do about a credit, but if someone knows the origin of a rip then let me know.
The whole idea of this site was to gather together all albums from the genre in one place. It's always been a favourite style of music for me but a lot of the older albums have never been re-issued on CD so finding a vinyl rip is amazing and all credit must go to the people who take the time and effort to do this.
Thank again all, and if anyone has any albums they can contribute to the collection, please feel free to do so. If it's not your own rip then please say where it came from (if you know)







26 comments:
Hi there!
Posted here a few times, also recognized that peolpe don't post very often. Maybe it's it's just a "posting lazyness" in blogland at the moment (i.e. the most highly frequented request section at Xtabay's).
Of course I don't know how others think/feel, but for myself it's mostly a lack of creativity that i'm not posting very often. Wouldn't it be boring for you and others to read "just" lots of Thank You's at every post?
Other reason imaginable for me is that many people (like me) start downloading and forget about all the stuff that's already on their harddisk. Until today I only found time to listen to few albums and only 1 of your/LP's Crime Jazz collection. So if I didn't listen before to an album I download I don't know what to post. (i.e. Maybe this album is crap but many thanks?)
Please don't get me wrong, you run an awesome, perfectly styled blog and I visit here every day to check posts and comments(!). But I think it's important too, that the blog owner also comments (i.e. I've posted/contributed twice at the spy forum but no one seems to care).
So many thanks for all you've done for us, and I think that lots of people care about your blog! :)
Regards,
Herr Anonymous
P.S. Hope nobody got mad reading through my horrible english. ;)
Point taken, if your the same anonymous that posted the Bond collection page link & Swing for a Crime, thanks for both (on everyone's behalf:)
I agree with the point about just posting "Thanks" and not listening straight away, I'm guilty of that myself.
You obviously understand how I feel though as you have had a little taste youself with no-one seeming to care about your posts.
I'll try not to complain too much in future, I guess people here do like the place and would miss it if it weren't here, we'll see how it goes.
P.S. don't forget to pop your name on the bottom of any comments otherwise all the anonymous's just get confusing (better still create a blogger account, it only takes seconds)
And your English is perfect, better than most English people's (mine included sometimes) and a hell of a lot better than my German (or whatever)
All the best, keep visiting and don't let that no response to your comment put you off :)
Jay
Hello Jay,
I understand you're feelings.It must be very dissapointed to get so less feedback from all the thousands of those who'll visit the Crime Lounge. When you put so much effort and time to make this blog happen, a little reward or feedback from your visitors is the least you may expect. Also shame on me...(I'll think "Anonymous" has as point there, when he says it must be a lack of creativity an lazyness !) I'm a daily visitor of your site, and man...every time I drop by, I feel like a child in a toyshop. I don't know where to begin. Almost every download is awesome and highly appreciated.
The Crime Jazz series you've released on the site is really outstanding. Also love the wonderfull artwork.
I surely hope you'll continue the good work in the future.
Greetings,
Harry (from the Netherlands)
ps: for those who are interested; found an interview with John Gregory (alias: Chaquito) on the net, with some interesting details on the fabulous Detectives/Thiller Albums he has made.
http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/interviews/john_gregory.php
Thanks Harry,
Maybe I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself, thanks so much for your feedback on my colection and glad you like the site in general.
If anyone has any ideas on how to improve the design/usability/layout etc, let me know, I may tweak it here and there :)
Thanks Harry, I'm off to read that interview with John Gregory now:)
Thanks
Jay
Jay,
Thanks for putting together a great blog and taking the time to really make it special. I love crime jazz and spy tunes so this place is like Mecca. Plus, your Music To Read James Bond Volume 2 was something I've been searching for for a really long time. Thanks for posting it! You've made me and few friends very, very happy!
Keep up the great work. It's obvious you love this stuff!
~ Another Jay
Thanks "Other Jay"
I looked for volume 2 for ages myself, worth the wait, I think its better then the first one.
Jay
Jay...First of all a truly remarkable looking site. Great graphics and very user friendly.
I have been a fan of the crime/spy music for quite a while and have spend most of my time at Licorice Pizza/A Taste of Vinyl as Tim's compilations require multiple listening. As I told him, they are so good that they become your life's theme music.
Those of us that have extensive vinyl collections recognize the extreme amount of work and time that goes into making these compilations into the outstanding digital recordings they become.
Don't be disheartened by the lack of input from your listeners. Maybe they are so excited to hear your new sounds, they can't wait to listen, then again maybe they have trouble forming complete sentences.jk
Again, thanks for you hard work and love of this music to take the time, effort, energy and money to share this wonderful music.
Hi Jay!
I've posted once before, but I think the first poster above is right on about people being lazy, myself included. It's so easy to download and think someone else will take the time to say thanks.
I discovered music blogs about 9 months ago and spend a LOT of time downloading; your site is one of the top 4 or 5 blogs I've found and now the first one I check.
5-O, Cheltenham, Ventures, Roland Shaw - thanks for all of these teriffic albums! I'm downloading
Paris Mitchell Strings at this very moment.
I live in motels 365 days a year and do not have music to contribute, but I really appreciate
the hard work of yourself and all the great bloggers out there.
okieirish, USA
Appreciate your honesty there Jay.
Just so you know, some of the albums you have posted quite possibly came from me, either at FranklyNot or YDHTVTB. But I got them off someone else, who got them off someone else etc etc, so who knows where they may have originated from. I do keep a record in the folder if something originates from a blog, and I always credit the original blogger if I happen to repost something from blogland. But I can understand that can be tough to maintain in the heat of a downloading frenzy. Probably the reason why I have Notepad open too.
I for one don't give a rats about rapidshare points, or any of that. As far as I personally am concerned, you can either use my existing link, or re-up it yourself, couldn't care less. Just about everything I have ever posted I've given you permission to do with what you will. Bear in mind, I don't do these rips that I post myself, but I can certainly understand why someone who does would feel a bit miffed.
As for the "rewards" of being a blogger... hmmmm. Your lament of oh so little feedback seems to be a common one, which probably explains why the attrition rate amongst bloggers is so high. And also explains why I haven't embarked down this road myself, but prefer to ride on the coat-tails of others. I think our good friend Isbum said it best when he had this to say at Franklynot.
"Here's isbum's philosophy on sharing.
A. Share what you like.
B. Share what you may think even one person might like.
C. Enjoy sharing and expect nothing in return."
Now spy on dudes, and here's my big THANK YOU for everything you are doing here!
filmpac,
I wish you would start a blog, it would sure be mighty fine one, but as you point out a lot of bloggers seem to fall prey to the no-one cares, no-one comments disease.
So I'll shut up for now and just rest easy in the knowledge that there are folks out there like yourself who appreciate the effort.
I've said this before, and it sounds like I'm the president of your fanclub but, the amount that you share around blogland is to be bloody well applauded, if everyone was a sharing and selfless as you, well, I'd never get in my comments section for fear of overflowing links:)
A big thankyou will always go out from me to all contributors over at nomwl1's place (our original hangout) and now isbum's. I've had so much from there that I couldn't repay them if I tried.
Also the point about you giving me a link which is a post you got from a guy, who got it from a guy, who...... where do you stop, if I KNOW who ripped the record (or cd) I will say so, and as I've said before if I don't for some reason,tell me and it will be rectified immediately.
Thanks again mate for all your support.
P.S.I beleive that Secret Agents album you posted is complete, can't find anything on it, I'll post it soon, many thanks.
As for anyone reading, I'm not getting into hosting on multiple sites, I've always found rapidshare to be the fastest and most reliable company.
Come on dudes, shell out a few green ones, it's a small price to pay....and I used to pay for a premium account when downloading from blogs, it's not as if the album costs you anything!
Hi, I just discovered your site and it looks as if it has some really cool music on it. I'm a real fan of the sixties spy shows and the music which accompanies it. Your site is like a candy store, I hope I don't get sick on the goodies.
Cheers
Torontomush
Torontomush,
Try not to eat too much at once, and don't eat between meals.
Just to change the subject, does anyone know why my text gets all spaced out the further it goes on, like in this post?
It's driving me mad.
Beats me, but it's like looking at comments in Cinemascope;)
At least we don't have ye olde problem of links getting chopped off.
Hi!
I stumbled upon your blog a few days ago (I think it was a link from totally fuzzy). I really like your blog and I hope you're able to keep it going. I have a similar blog here:
http://openchanneldee.blogspot.com/
I started that blog awhile ago, and it's been rather ddormant ever since, mostly becaue I don't have the time that it deserves. I have another blog (very active) with 4 sub-blogs that takes a LOT of time and attention. My ChannelD blog, as you can tell, deals more with spys, secret agents, sci-fi etc. Anyway, the discovery of your blog may have stirred me to action on my own. If you happen to see anything useful on my blog, please feel free to post it here. However, some or most of the links are probably dead by now.
So, I hope you don't mind if I hang out here from time to time.
Cheers!
OpenChannelD,
What a great little site, never knew you existed. Yours is the type of place I used to wish someone would start up, obviously you did but no other blogs linked you :(
You have stolen my thunder on a few of your posts, so please don't think I'm just ripping you off when I get around to posting mine.
Someone here asked about Girl From UNCLE, I was saving it to do a BIG U.N.C.L.E. mega post, maybe we could pool resources on that one?
I'll put a link to you straight away, thanks for letting me know.
Hopefully I've started a renewed interest in this genre.
I see that you have posted one of the FSM volumes, I am a little weary about posting anything too new as the deletion merchants may start acting up again....any thoughts.
Drop me a line,
Solo, out
This blog is without doubt one of the best on the internets. Stylish, fun and a real asset for cocktail time. If you cannot believe the amount of inks you have posted in a short time, I find it absolutely astounding! The content is overwhelming in scope and high high high quality. You take me back to those swingin' 60s like no other site. Thanks Thanks Thanks!
Looking back over my posts, I can't believe the amount of posts myself.
I'm afraid I've neglected my own blog searching/downloading while trying to get this site "up & running"
I think now that it's established I may settle down to a steady pace, don't want to run out of things to post:)
Maybe we can sort out some "guest posters" to fill in the gaps.
All the best
Jay
Herr Anonymous says:
Hi Jay,
just wanted to answer your reaction on my post.
I'm glad my english was good enough so that you could understand what I was talking about (btw thanks for your compliment, and yes i'm from germany). That was a problem sometimes, that the things I'm thinking don't come out the right way in english. I never want to hurt someone, so for the future: if I write something stupid or so, please, please ask me if it was really meant that way.
My intention at posting/uploading music to the comments section is not that people should "praise" me. I just want to make people happy (sounds a bit naive, I know...). I belive you think in a similar way. So no one has to thank me (well, it's "allowed" any way), if someones dropping a note that it was fun listening to the music or this was something he/she was looking for a long time, that makes me happy. :)
Keep on jazzing! ;)
Best wishes,
Herr Anonymous
P.S. You're right about getting an blogger account. After almost two years I'm travelling to blogland, the time has now come. Will be very busy until the next weekend, so don't think I'm not posting anymore ;) I already have a few ideas, what I could contribute... :)
You have a fantastic site!! You really outdid yourself in content and style man! Keep up all the good work. I wish you the best on your new blog!!
-wolfie
Herr anonymous,
Thanks for dropping by, don't worry your English (no C) is fine, I look forward to anything you kindly contribute.
Glad to have you here,
Danke, Auf Wiedersehen:)
That's about the the extent of my German I'm afraid and that is mainly because over here (England) we had a very successful TV comedy/drama called Auf Wierdersehen Pet. The Pet is because the characyers in the comedy came from Newcastle and in that area of the UK they use the term "Pet" as a term of endearment for the other half (like "hello sugar" or "hello dear")
Am I going off the subjest here or what? anyway, Wiedersehen and see you soon.
Jason
Thanks for that Wolfie, it means a lot:)
Jay-
You already know what I think, you're doing a smashing job, lots of heart and soul evident here.
I've been a graphic designer for 30 years, MFA in graphic design and the whole 9 bloody yards. I will pay you my ultimate compliment...if I was going to do a crime blog, this is what it would look like...and I'm a real MF'er to please when it comes to design.
Keep up the good word, you've got lots of fans, some of us are a bit more hit-and-run than others.
All the best from a beach on the east coast of the USA.
Thanks surf,
I,m honoured that a professional designer likes my layout. I'm no professional, but I do love designing CD & DVD covers as a hobby.
I didn't think anyone was still reading this section, but while you are:
Can anyone tell me how the site looks on their monitors? does the background appear correct (a collection of covers overlayed with black, to almost look black at first glance) and is the overall proportion right?
I only ask because I've been widening the layout and adding bits, it looks OK to me but wondered if everyone else was "seeing" the same thing.
Obviously different monitor set-ups and browsers may display it differently, also someone commented on the "white" background making text imossible to read!, I presumed that the background jpeg just hadn't loaded for him.
One thing that is irritating me surf is the "black" background on some of my banners, I know it's not much but I can see it against the "Picture Black" background...may get it sorted when I get a chance.
Thanks again surf, and everyone else. I am blown away by the amount of positive responses.
Jay
I like the background. Often I'll do something similar, when you float the boxes with the covers over the tiled background, they do just that, float. I think the layering effect this gives is very groovy...and visually causes your eye to move around the layout, then focus on the art, very well done.
Keep at it, down let the bastards get you down and never mind the bullocks...and all that.
Thanks again surf :)
And I'll try not to :)
Post a Comment