Right I've spent enough time uploading albums for now (don't worry, there's more coming). As I haven't really said much yet I thought I'd just let you know my intentions for this place.
When I started here I was going to start off with mainly "Crime" posts then branch out into my other musical tastes, Easy Listening-Lounge, Library Albums, Soundtracks, Exotica etc, but now I've sort of got a theme going, and as this is quite a unique subject to gather together in one place. There are hundreds of blogs sharing Easy Listening, Jazz, Lounge and all things related but I beleive this is the first dedicated "Spy Music" site.
I am hoping that people who visit will take the time to contribute rips or artwork, or at the very least leave a comment. My idea is to try and build this site into a "one-stop" shop for all crime type related music albums, and if visitors help out it could become something quite special (hopefully).
So, any feedback, am I wasting my time or is there a market for this type of music? and would people prefer to see the style branching out with posts of other genres as mentioned, or shall I keep it as a dedicated blog?
I was toying with the idea of maybe starting a second "sister" blog for all other genre's, thereby keeping this one "special".
In the future I intend to share some artwork as well, many of the rips here came to me without scans so I have created my own for some of them (I've already posted some for Roland Shaw albums here!). They aren't all as polished as those though, a lot of them are basic just to get the job done. If you don't burn the rips to disc then the covers won't bother you obviously.
I should get a link up on the main page for the artwork soon, I'm still trying to get my head around all the HTML and blogger stuff, so it may be a while coming. The reason that the art isn't included with most of the rips is either, I haven't any at all or it's just because I always take out the art and keep in a seperate folder on my HD. I know its silly but I started doing it when I first got into downloading because I thought to myself "I'll never use a computer to play music on", well after collecting a largish pile of rips, its getting a bit hard to manage so I finally admit that a Media Player is the way to go (although I don't use one at the moment). Hopefully when I upgrade my Laptop (Notebook) I'll get something able to throw out the odd mp3 in decent quality to my hi-fi.
I also design my own DVD covers as a hobby, mainly to replace the bloody aweful rubbish the studios knock out, there's nothing worse than a great film ruined by being wrapped in a cover which is nothing more than a picture of the stars head and the title of the movie!
So I may also post a few of those to vary the sites content a little, keeping it themed of course.
Well I think that's enough of typing for now, although I would like to request again (I know I keep banging on about this) that I would be really grateful if you would take the time to help out with requests for rips or artwork, I really would like this to become a meeting place for similar minded "Undercover Agents".
Thanks for listening (or is it reading) and look out for future posts.
I must also just say that as I'm still learning to confugure blogger, a few things may move or change the way they work (links moving around for example) so don't think its gone without cursoring around.
Thanks
Jason
(in case anyone was wondering the "THX" prefix on my blogger name is because I'm a BIG home cinema & Star Wars fan, so there you have it, its not text speak for "thanks"







17 comments:
Hello
A Spy and crime music place:That's a very good idea!
May I suggest:
A million dollar brain by R R Bennett
The complete Lp The Untouchables by Nelson Riddle,
The Avengers
Musically
Georges
"Where there is Music,there is no place for evil
COMING SOON:
To complete the Harry Palmer Trilogy
"Funeral In Berlin"
&
"Billion Dollar Brain"
if anyone can help out on the others?
hey jason. great new blog. some really top shares.
check me out
cosmo
http://my.opera.com/vandalay_industrys/blog/
YEAH man keep it up. Terrific start and a wonderful resource.
For LP covers try the very best:-
http://www.317x.com/imagemenu.html
Thanks,
Blog-a-roonie
Hey there, David at Renegade here. I wanted to tell you how much I love your blog! I also wanted to key you in to this very cool, all-volunteer internet radio station called LuxuriaMusic that I'm currently doing some work for.
Given the music you all are diggin in this blog, I think you should definitely check out this site. They specialize in lounge, exotica, surf, soft-psych, Bossa Nova, Latin jazz, go-go and Bollywood tunes. Its really one of the best, most interesting selections of vintage and obscure tunes that I've found anywhere on the airwaves, digital or otherwise. Very interested to hear what you think!
Hi Jason,
I just discovered your blog.
Great work you're doing here !
Thanks for the kind words guys,
I'm a regular visitor to "The Crate" & "317x" both great sites.
I'll check out the radio station.
Keep comin' back
Jason
Just discovered your blog and it's a fantastic place, man. I also love the easy listening and lounge music, but I think you must keep this as a special place for spy flicks aficcionados like, uh, me, hehe... Hey, did you have the score for Matt Helm flick "The Wrecking Crew"? I think the man behind it was Lalo Schifrin... love that score.
yerblues,
Thanks, I think I'm gonna keep it spy themed now as its already turned into a unique little corner of blogland.
I do love the easy-Lounge stuff though, but as I said there are enough of those already.
No, I don't have The Wrecking Crew, I'm not sure if there was a proper release. Maybe someone out there can help out.
The Silencers & Murderer's Row will be posted eventually when I get around to it :)
Thanks
Jason
Don't worry, there is a market for crime-jazz, even here in further outposts of the uncivilised world (um, Melbourne).
Keep going, and I forward add some lost stuff I've found in dark, deserted backrooms of abandoned record stores in every seedy town on Earth...ciao
The Brass Bed....
As I said before, good show!
320 is great to hear crime jazz at, let's the depth of the sound fill up my room....too much wine here, I'm off.
Brass Bed,
If you're gonna post something put it in the Spy Forums, and thanks for the support :)
1surfrider,
I presume from the name that you found me through DaBoss's place, good to have you onboard.
Nevermind, I went back up to the top of the page, D'oh!
No more drinking and blogging...HA!
Yes, there are hundreds of blogs sharing easy Listening, jazz, lounge etc,, BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE !!!!
Keep it added items
I had 4 cds and before share it your upload it
Anyway, great site, congratulations !!!!!
"before I can share it, you upload it"
I've all the original cds of James Bond serie (and the specials with the aditional soundtracks by David Arnold). Can do I send you to post it here?
Sorry if I misunderstand you but if you're asking if you can send the files.
If they are your own cd's then please share the albums with us, I don't have all the soundtracks myself.
Hope you understand
Thanks
Post a Comment