CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

CRIME JAZZ : MUSIC IN THE FIRST DEGREE


Here for my first music post is a sample of music I really love, "Crime Jazz". Although not all of it is strictly Jazz, it's just a heading for a genre that has become very popular over the years. It all started back in the 50's with those TV series like: Peter Gunn, Richard Diamond, The Naked City etc, etc, then it all exploded in the 60's with the introduction of BOND and the sound of John Barry.
There have been many imitators of the Barry sound over the years and some very good Spy Themed album releases from virtually all of the bandleaders of the 60's & 70's, many of which I hope to share with you here.
First up is the Excellent compilation "Crime Jazz" Volume one : Music in the first degree

CRIME JAZZ : MUSIC IN THE FIRST DEGREE
BMG/RHINO ENTERTAINMENT
COMPILED BY WARREN KOLODNY
1997

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Site Jay, Fantastic theme, Crime Jazz. What made me think it would be anything else. Question on this one. Where is part 1? LP

Anonymous said...

Jason. I found it. Not here though. Listening to Crime Jazz makes me a better detective. Found it in your crime jazz folder at RS. I am UL a goody for the forum. LP

THXjay said...

Sorry LP,

Fixed it, I tried putting the links to close together and selected both :(

I wish I had just gone with putting the link it clear view now.

When are you gonna grace us with volume 4 of music 2 spy by ?

Anonymous said...

THXJAY:

Nice Blog!!!! Keep up the great work!!! This music reminds me of the Jazz Band, back in my High School Daze. Being only one of three girls in that band, we did not get much choice in the picking of the music... but I will admit now (I didn't then), it was pretty cool music!!

Little confused though... how does one get Part 1 of this album? It seems that Mr. LP (above) has figured it out... can you tell me how does one get to that "Crime Jazz folder" at RS?

Thank you,
BEA-BOP

THXjay said...

bea-bop,

Glad you like the place,mouse over the words MUSIC & FIRST DEGREE for parts 1&2.

The Crime Jazz folder is just an old folder I posted at another blog, it's just stuff that's here already.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Jason

Anonymous said...

THXJAY (Jason):

Now why did I not think of that?? DUH!
Thank you for your assistance!!

If I recall... Elmer Bernstein did alot of cool (as you call it Crime) Jazz music... for example; the movie -
The Man with the Golden Arm (and may others), would be perfect on a blog like this. I've got the DVD but have no way of removing Frank's (and others) dialogue... to just get the music.

One day I will find it!! ;-)
BEA-BOP

THXjay said...

BEA-BOP,

I'm sure I have The Man With The Golden Arm lying around somewhere on an external HDD, Give me a chance and I'll post it sometime:)

I've got posts lined up so it won't be too soon, if anyone else has it maybe you can get it quicker.

Drop a request in the Spy Forum and see:)

Happy Listening

Jason

bryangermany said...

Hi THXjay,
Glad I decided to read the comments.
I grabbed these albums, 1 and 2, a few days ago as I love compilations of old TV show themes. Anyway, I listened to part 2 first and then was going to listen to part 1. Short I said...wait it begins with track 11. What gives said I. Well your comment made it real clear and I was able to get the complete album 1.
Thanks for posting these 2 albums.
Again, a great blog you have.
Bryan

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop