CLICK TO ENTER

CLICK TO ENTER

THE BOND COLLECTION

UNDERWORLD

This is one helluva LP, Reg Guest may not be that well-known but he should be, because this is one of the finest examples of Spy Music you will probably ever hear. It includes some fantastic versions of themes including a cracking Avengers arrangement.
I believe this is finally being released on CD some time this year so I will post it for "auditions" sake and please if you like it, buy it!
Again with this one I couldn't find any artwork so I had to make do with a very small thumbnail image, replacing everything but the girl.
THE REG GUEST SYNDICATE : UNDERWORLD
FONTANA RECORDS
MGF 27565
STEREO
1965

6 comments:

Luis said...

I thank you for all these spy albums. Great music!

In this album, tracks 1 & 2 are missing. I don't know how many tracks have this album but tracks 1 & 2 not included in the zip file.

Any chance to add them separately?

All the best

Luis

THXjay said...

There's nothing missing from my download, it's just the way I downloaded it from somewhere else.
As I said the CD is coming out soon so if you like it, buy it...I will be:)

I don't like it myself when I download something only to find its incomplete but, better to have most of it than none of it :)

Thanks for the kind comments

Jason

Anonymous said...

Loved this - great versions of the James Bond themes. Really liked the "metal" sound of chimes in a lot of the songs. Did this composer do any other albums in this genre?

Dolores

THXjay said...

I'm not sure if he did anything else in this genre, but if he only did this one it's one hell of good one.

Note:
This was due for release on CD this summer but I see that Dustygroove have it as "delayed" so I'm not sure when it will be available. Been waiting for a nice CD version and judging by the downloads, a few others will be picking it up as well.

Thanks again Dolores

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Thank you for such a "fantastic" site.
Your artwork and original collections are truely amazing.
You have so much to view and consume here.
Anyway, as to this album "Underworld" by Reg Guest it is really great. It is also a complete album as it only contains the 10 tracks. I just went ahead and renumbered them to 1-10 after my download. They are in the correct order also. I have read that there were 2 versions of this album. Some other site, not a blog, said there were two versions. After I clicked it open there were twelve tracks. However, the original artwork for this 10 track album, front and back, only has the ten tracks listed. So who knows?
Anyway, love your site and will check it out again. Also glad for the extra site links. Will have to check something out of those too.
Bryan

THXjay said...

@ Bryan

Thanks for the kind words regarding the site. I hope you find a few more albums to your liking.

This is indeed a great album but there is hardly any info about it anywhere. As mentioned, it was announced for release on CD but as far as I am aware it never made it.

It always seems to fetch high prices when ever one turns up on auction sites, which is itself a very rare event!

Any links to more info, or to good quality scans of the LP covers would be very much appreciated :)

This rip was found online years ago and I don't remember where it came from, which is why there is no credit given to the original ripper. I guess it was just labelled incorrectly at the time but it does indeed appear to be complete.

If the CD release never appears I will probably end up designing a proper set of covers for it. I think an album of this quality deserves it, shame it's not a higher bitrate rip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Widget By Devils Workshop